• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Dame's response is good too. Got all the money in the world but they traded you for a Penny

Here is a link to the NBA win totals for every NBA team:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nba-win-totals-betting-odds-2019-2020

I must be jaded from all of the Hawks love on this Board, but the Hawks OVER 33.5 wins seems like a no-brainer.

Also, liking the Mav's over 40.5. Porzingis looking beastly and Luke Doncic will only be better in year #2 at age 20.

Had a good run on the Lakers under over the past several years, leaning that way again (under 51.5). Also, leaning to the under 58 Bucks. The Greek Freak had a hectic off-season, the Bucks are planning to hold him out more this year. 58 is a lot of wins.

Hawks OVER 33.5 and Hornets UNDER 23.5 look like free money. I like Warriors OVER 47.5, but so much depends on Klay's health. I could see them sneaking into the playoffs under that but being the team nobody wants to play in the first round.

ATL defense still trash

They added Hunter who has potential to patch up a leaky D like Josh Howard did playing with guys like Dirk, Jason Terry, and Michael Finley. And the Hawks are going to score a shit ton of points.

They added Hunter who has potential to patch up a leaky D like Josh Howard did playing with guys like Dirk, Jason Terry, and Michael Finley. And the Hawks are going to score a shit ton of points.

I have read at least two articles that seemed to imply that the Hawks porous D was in part due to a commitment to offense. That they, in essence, "tanked" wins and losses by focusing on practice in getting to that GS (originally Spurs) offense at the expense of playing even good D. They turned the PHILLY way of tanking a season on its ear. Not really sure I buy that - however, often last season's metrics are not always great predictor of current season's metrics. In other words, the Celtics looked elite last year and Sacramento seemed a long long way away. Then, the season happened.

BTW, the Hawks lost something like 16 of their first 19 games or something crazy like that (with Collins out). They were pretty good the rest of the way ...

After watching a little of the Clips/Rox game, the NBA needs to start calling Harden for pushing his defender off with his right hand and arm. He does it blatantly and on almost every play. You might as well let him use brass knuckles.

Should be time for a new thread for the 2019-2020 NBA season. This should be locked for the Raptors to commemorate the first NBA champion from outside the US.

dear god what would happen if we kept chatting about the new season on the same thread?

dear god what would happen if we kept chatting about the new season on the same thread?

perhaps god will answer you.

For me, it is about finding where, in almost 4000 posts, 2019 begins. It is also about the time a very long thread takes to load. Sometimes it takes a while for the browser to figure out that an image or video linked a year ago isn't there, and there isn't a redirect.

Back