• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

I’d compare Vince to Carmelo Anthony. Great scorer , sucks at everything else, terrible teammate, complete lack of leadership, complete and utter failure at winning playoff basketball games.

two straight finals appearances and a 2016 NBA Teammate of the Year award still think yr crazy

Refresh my memory on when carter played in consecutive nba finals. I see he did win a teammate of the year award which surprised me as I mainly think of him tanking games in Toronto to force a trade.

Also, of note
Nba first team - O times
Nba second team- 1 time
Nba third team - 1 time

He joined the Nets after they had gone to two straight finals.

Hah, exactly what I thought. Carter joins team, dunks a lot, team gets worse.

Hah, exactly what I thought. Carter joins team, dunks a lot, team gets worse.

You got me there. Damn. I thought Air Canada’s resume was a lot better than it was... I still think the dude deserves to be in the HOF, but damn.

Yeah I don’t think there is any doubt he is a HOF player but I just like to point out that he has some pretty significant gaps in achievement when compared to Duncan , kobe, shaq and other contemporaries.

Is he an anomaly insofar as he’s a mediocre player with a ton of rings?

Not really. The current coach of the Warriors falls into the same category.

I wouldn’t call Horry and Kerr mediocre players though. I’d call them great role players.

Not really. The current coach of the Warriors falls into the same category.

I wouldn’t call Horry and Kerr mediocre players though. I’d call them great role players.

Agree with this. Each of them had a particular skill set that was elite. They did not have elite skills in every facet of the game. They were willing to recognize what they did well and do that, and did not try to do very much of things they were not got at doing.

Will being great role players and winning bunches of rings get them into the HOF? IDK, but it could. It may be a matter of who the other eligibles are.

Carmelo could have been Robert Horry over the last few years and been a huge asset to good teams.

We can’t underestimate the work and mental toughness it takes to be a player the greatest players can trust.

Carmelo could have been Robert Horry over the last few years and been a huge asset to good teams.

We can’t underestimate the work and mental toughness it takes to be a player the greatest players can trust.

I agree with this, but I just haven't looked into whether players like this get into the HOF.

Yeah I don’t think there is any doubt he is a HOF player but I just like to point out that he has some pretty significant gaps in achievement when compared to Duncan , kobe, shaq and other contemporaries.

I hope nobody is making this argument irl, though. Duncan, Kobe, and Shaq are first ballot HOFers in the conversation for positional GOAT status.

I'm also a sucker for Vince because he's been a really good veteran presence on the Kings and Hawks, two young teams that I like a lot.

Horry was a plus-elite defender at multiple positions for the first decade of his career, but he isn't a HOF player. He is a perfect example of why using rings is a silly concept.

Show me one team MJ took the NBA Finals that had as little talent as Lebron's first or last Cav's teams had. Show me one of MJ's finals teams losing Scottie and Rodman and taking the finals to six games. This is why comparing MJ's finals results to Lebron's are without merit.

Yeah I was wondering when that would get posted on here. In the wise words of Josh Howard: “crazy, man.”

Well, I mean, his "pastor" is being accused of threatening to kill his alledged ex boyfriend for not signing a NDF...so theres that. The story is a little more involved than Howard's sex life.

The source doesn’t scream legitimacy in those tweets.

Back