• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

what happened to jabari man? i thought he had a pretty promising start to his nba career

Just got an alert that the Bulls are shopping Jabari.

what happened to jabari man? i thought he had a pretty promising start to his nba career

The curse of Kaye.

5 star heralded recruit turned NBA journeyman. Seems like that would be a weight to drag down recruiting but dumbass high school kids still go there to have their dreams shattered.

Jabari was like the most heralded player in Chicago HS history. Five years later, he's getting DNPs for the Bulls and they're trying to shop him.

What's crazier is that the Bucks survived a complete bust in picking him and now have one of the top teams in the league.

it's not like Jabari was a bust out of the gate - I thought he put up 20/6 or so the last healthy season with the bucks

Then again he started this year off saying "They don't pay players to play defense"

What's Jabari's deal? He's getting DNP's in Chicago now? Every time I've watched him he passes the eye test. Putting up 15/7, although on fairly crappy %'s this year, but he's still 23. Is he just a younger Melo?

Poor man’s Melo. Iso mid range jumpers and no d. Bucks were much better with him off the court the last 2 years and were happy to let him walk.

Jabari isnt a bust per say, but I knew he would never live up to his SI cover
e1dc51742fc8cc6d0945697b66fe8458.jpg

Just got an alert that the Bulls are shopping Jabari.

Can't imagine the Bulls can get much

He's due $20 million this year and next year is a team option (also $20 million), so the salary coming back to make it work is also, at best, expiring

Not mad at the contract since they can just walk away after this year, but also sets up to be a bad trade

Jabari's PER is #194 in the league; fellow PF AFA is #200 and makes $12 million/year less

I mean, the guy had two ACL tears. He tore up the Bucks when they played a couple of weeks ago. He's just occasionally lazy -- ok, not occasionally, mostly.

Jabari was like the most heralded player in Chicago HS history.

not really

HOF Oak and AD were both #1 in their class per 247 composite, D-Rose pretty hyped too (#5); Benji Wilson was a huge deal before he was murdered

not really

HOF Oak and AD were both #1 in their class per 247 composite, D-Rose pretty hyped too (#5); Benji Wilson was a huge deal before he was murdered

Me: He was like the most heralded player in Chicago HS history.
Juice: Not really. There were these other 3 guys too.

OK. So he's one of the 4 most heralded players ever from the 3rd largest metro area and one of two to play for the hometown team.

Me: He was like the most heralded player in Chicago HS history.
Juice: Not really. There were these other 3 guys too.

OK. So he's one of the 4 most heralded players ever from the 3rd largest metro area and one of two to play for the hometown team.

sounds like #defeated to me

I'd say Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, Tim Hardaway and Marcus Liberty were more highly regarded than Jabari Parker...Juwan Howard probably was as well.

Back