• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

My dream is that the Celtics trade Tatum, Brown, Smart and 1st round picks for Davis and Kyrie leaves Boston. Then, Davis leaves the Celtics as a FA.
Well, considering the Celtics can't trade for Davis until Kyrie is a free agent, zero chance of that happening. But good effort.

Porzingus missed ten games as a rookie, 16 as a soph and over 30 last year. Is he durable?

how great would it be for Zinger to be an average player and the Knicks not get any FA? Lose/lose couldn't happen to two better owners.
How great would it be for a really unique, fun player to be hampered by injuries for the rest of his career and be average? Stay classy.

You’re really comparing Dolan and Cuban? You can say why you want about Cubans failures in the immediate years after championship, but he resurrected a dying franchise and won the ship. Dolan has destroyed a marquee franchise

Cuban is not in Dolan's universe, but Cuban has not been able to build on having a historic and unique talent. For all his bluster, Cuban would be lucky to get a gentleman's C as a grade on his ownership of the Mavs.

Cuban got lucky one year. His entire "success" has been getting Dirk. Remember, he traded Nash.

Cuban also gave Harrison Barnes a near max contract.

Well, considering the Celtics can't trade for Davis until Kyrie is a free agent, zero chance of that happening. But good effort.

How great would it be for a really unique, fun player to be hampered by injuries for the rest of his career and be average? Stay classy.

Actually, if the Celtics make the trade on July 1 while expecting Kyrie to sign and he doesn't, it can happen.

So if you’re the Lakers, do you offer Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart or Zubac plus 2 firsts, or insist on keeping Ingram and hope to sign him in 1.5 years? If you’re the Pellies do you take Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart/Zubac plus picks or hope Boston tops that in the offseason? Does Boston go all out to try to get him, knowing that AD may bolt to LA anyway?

So if you’re the Lakers, do you offer Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart or Zubac plus 2 firsts, or insist on keeping Ingram and hope to sign him in 1.5 years? If you’re the Pellies do you take Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, Hart/Zubac plus picks or hope Boston tops that in the offseason? Does Boston go all out to try to get him, knowing that AD may bolt to LA anyway?

Yes I give that up. Ball and Ingram are garbage.

Meh, Ingram's had a good last 5 games, rather good. Maybe I'm wrong.

Lebron’s a freak, but he’s 34. The Lakers window with him is, at best, 3 more years. I don’t think they can wait to sign AD. They gotta do whatever they can to get him and fill in the pieces from the there.

I don’t give up Tatum if I’m the Celtics given the chance (probability?) that Davis doesn’t resign. I’m not sure any Celtics offer trumps that Lakers offer without Tatum, unless that Kings’ pick lands high in the lottery - though that Griz pick (with protection) looks a lot better than it used to.

Ingram is already good now and has a ton of potential to grow into a star. His floor is Luol Deng w/handles. His trade value IMO should be higher than Ball or Kuzma.

I think AD is a laker by the end of tomorrow. Lebron is 34 and if he does end up being done in 2 or 3 years that opens up a max slot in LA. I'm sure they'd be able to get another top 5 player to come join AD. He could be on a very good laker team for 10 years in a row.

Lakers offering Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, 2 1st rd picks for AD and Soloman Hill (Cap relief for pels)

Hell of a lot to give up but I think it's a good deal for both sides.

It's amazing how much more the Lakers are willing to give up for AD than they were Kawhi.

Lakers offering Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, 2 1st rd picks for AD and Soloman Hill (Cap relief for pels)

Damn thats a lot.

I'd take that

Why do they want Rondo? Make the Lakers keep him unless you need it for salary cap. They have Payton and Holiday ...

Why do they want Rondo? Make the Lakers keep him unless you need it for salary cap. They have Payton and Holiday ...

The Pels want to get rid of Hill. The Lakers would need to send equal (but expiring) contracts.

Back