• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

The Sixers didn’t make the conference finals last year. Know your program! Sixers got completely neutered by the depleted Cs.

I still don’t believe in Ben Simmons in the playoffs, but he may not even have to be good with their roster now.
Meant “run at” not “run to,” obviously they lost that miserable Celtics series. Point being they overperformed last year too. Think most people would say they’re ahead of schedule given the age of Embiid and Simmons and all the misses in the draft.

Simmons has drastically stepped his game up this year. I still don’t put the ball in his hands with the game on the line, but that doesn’t have to be his role.

as this board's biggest Bucks fan this is a great year

cyojm8y749f21.jpg

my favorite part of the year by far was RSF telling me to "EnJoY mY nOvEmBeR wInS"

How does Kristen Ledlow have a job? Her consciously forced vocal inflections have got to be the most annoying broadcast components in sports. It sounds like she is trying to force out a deuce and then talking over the water plop. "eehhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhh talkasfastaspossible". It is like a wannabe Stuttering John on speed.

as this board's biggest Bucks fan this is a great year

cyojm8y749f21.jpg

my favorite part of the year by far was RSF telling me to "EnJoY mY nOvEmBeR wInS"

Coming in here with 21 posts living in Canada and deeming youself the board's biggest Bucks fan.....The fuckin' nerve.

Elton came up in a shitty area of Peekskill, NY and bust his ass to make it out of there. There's no way she came up like him. Probably was a Chappaqua type girl.

PG13 playing crazy right now. Impressive win the the Thunder after being down 20something at the half.

PG13 playing crazy right now. Impressive win the the Thunder after being down 20something at the half.

Billy D is doing a great job this year. This season has a ton of coaches having surprisingly excellent seasons. Lots of people thought the Bucks would be good, but nothing like they are doing. Irish's SacTown is overachieving massively under their new coach. Denver was the cool team to like preseason, but their position is above expectations. How the Spurs are doing so well is about Pop having having one of his best years. Even though the Nets are only a little over .500, it's much better than anyone thought would happen.

To me one of the most underrated coaches in the NBA over the past fifteen years has been Nate McMillan. He's doing it again.

I'm wondering why Ennis is playing over Jonathan Simmons. I think JS is better and can do more things.

It's possible that with a consistent amount of playing time Korkmaz could become a Marco Bellinelli-type of player.

Tobias Harris is basically the perfect 4 to play with Embiid/Simmons. He's going to be terrific for the Sixers.

And this year if early returns are any indication, with Redick.

Redick so far in 41 minutes with Harris has a 97.4% TS% :eek:

In 30 min with all the starters, Redick has a 111.1% TS%

Turns out putting an elite shooter next to an elite shooter creates issues for opposing defenses.

Harris balled out on Sunday.

I think Lowe pointed out how he has gotten incrementally better each season, never made a big season-to-season leap like, say, Butler.

He's fun to watch.

To add to my point... Odds to win the East next year as of right this second:
Boston -120
Philly +340
Toronto +550
Milwaukee +1500

I think Boston wins the East, but I'd take Toronto with those odds.

That was from July 20th...

Current odds?
Milwaukee +180
Toronto +185
Boston +210
Philly +240

I wagered on Toronto... Wish I had taken Milwaukee, too.

Back