• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Walton was also a 4-year college guy, but yeah, still nuts

you gotta figure Lebron is on that TB12 muscle pliability plan

Last year must have been the first time in a long long time that there were no Deacon all stars

Also... Amazing that LeBron is still performing at his level when all of his cohort are slowing down/out of the league.... CP3, Wade, Bosh, Melo, Dwight, of course Darko

Shit even Luke Walton was in the 2003 draft class, had a decent NBA career, and no has been a coach for what seems like years and years

Here is the 2003 McD AA roster. It's basically just Lebron, Paul, and Deng left. That seems pretty poor considering this class is only in their early 30s. Kendrick Perkins gets a lot of shit, but he stuck around longer than a lot of guys.
https://basketball.realgm.com/highschool/mcdonalds/rosters/2003

By comparison, the 2004 roster has several guys who should stick around for at least 2-3 more years like Rondo, LMA, Gay, and JR Smith.

Kinda disappointing weekend for Charlotte/Wake fans. Kemba immediately exits 3-point contest and scores 4 points in the game (which his side loses). Bridges exits first round of dunk contest after failing to get the first dunk down. Collins gets kinda screwed on his first dunk and doesn't advance in dunk contest (thought the airplane was fun, but he's not a great showman). Steph did well but couldn't close out the 3-point and was also on the losing side of the game.

Yeah the whole thing seemed kind of blah. I even wish Muggsy got a little bit more attention than that one introduction. And Collins is a spectacular leaper, but yes he was not quite ready for prime time. Good for him for trying though.

Here is the 2003 McD AA roster. It's basically just Lebron, Paul, and Deng left. That seems pretty poor considering this class is only in their early 30s. Kendrick Perkins gets a lot of shit, but he stuck around longer than a lot of guys.
https://basketball.realgm.com/highschool/mcdonalds/rosters/2003

By comparison, the 2004 roster has several guys who should stick around for at least 2-3 more years like Rondo, LMA, Gay, and JR Smith.

That Perkins has stuck around this long is why he gets shit. That dude stole a bunch of money and kept the Thunder from being the Warriors.

Nobody expected much from Charlotte, so I don’t think they failed to meet expectations.

Little short movie about how Giannis ended up in the NBA. Some family background. Giannis' little brother Alex from this, is a 6'7 class of 2020 SF that we should be recruiting.

Don Nelson:

Dz_IQKvWkAA7_fj.jpg

The 78-year-old Michigan native was asked what he was doing since he left basketball and gave a very candid answer.

“I've been smoking some pot,” Nelson said. “I never smoked when I played or coached so it's new to me. I'm doing that and I'm having a pretty good time. It's more legal now than it's ever been, so I'm enjoying that.”

Back to NBA regular season games. Sixers eke out a home win over the Heat. Tobias Harris looking like a very good addition.

Back to NBA regular season games. Sixers eke out a home win over the Heat. Tobias Harris looking like a very good addition.

Good to win a game you go 7-26 from three and don't have Embiid. Mike Scott and Jonathan Simmons were pretty terrible off the bench.

But BOBAN!

17 games above .500 is a season high. Remaining schedule opponents avg winning % is .485. Just gotta avoid Boston in the first round basically. Would rather play anybody else in the East, even the much better Bucks and Raptors.

I can't believe Harden, of all people, is bitching about calls last night. Other than the Celtics, there's no team I dislike as much as the Lakers. Last night, Harden should have fouled out a lot earlier. He got away with at least 4-6 other obvious fouls. He shoved Lebron and McGee right out in the open and got away with each. There were at least a couple obvious offensive push offs that weren't called.

Khawhi definitely backcourt violation. Reviewable? If so not sure how the refs don't look at that. They look at everything else.

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: All-Star Weekend

It would be amazing if the Clippers keep the Lakers out despite the Harris trade.

Back