• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Spurs 3 games up for a playoff spot. The lost 7 of 8 on the rodeo road trip (gave away the Raptors game and the Knicks game was stupidity). Now they have a more balanced schedule so they are likely in.

Unless the Clippers are totally stupid, I think they lose their lottery pick for Harris if they make the playoffs, they need to fall off. Kings can take their place. Unless Bron can carry the Lakers they are looking to be out.

Last I heard, the Clippers were all in trying for the playoffs.

Last I heard, the Clippers were all in trying for the playoffs.

I don't get into all the trade/lottery details, but Sean Elliot mentioned on the Spurs game tonight that the Clippers lose a lottery pick if they make the playoffs based on the Harris deal He could be wrong but it would seam silly to push for the playoffs to have a max two rounds (one if they get GS) and lose a lottery pick. Maybe more to the scenarios but they have a decent team where a lottery pick could propel them further next year.

And I doubt they could say they wanted to tank anyway.

Of course it's not like the Clippers don't have a history of tragedy (i.e. failed #1 picks, can't advance to the WCF with Paul and Griffen etc).

According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index, the Lakers now have a 0.9 percent chance to make the playoffs.

Oh man.

Can I go ahead and claim victory on my longstanding arguments that the West has been significantly stronger than the East, Lebron feasted on the weak East, and GM Lebron destroys franchises with promising young talent and/or picks with weak management (i.e. not Pat Riley)? I feel like he's done significant damage to his legacy in a matter of months.

LeBron no longer looks like a "game-changing force". Not even against the Suns.

The Clippers schedule is really tough the rest of the year. The Lakers will make the playoffs unless you think they will continue to play like trash for the rest of the year.

The Clips and Spurs are 4.5 games up on the Lakers and 3 games up on the Kings. There’s not much season left. The Lakers have 19 games. And the T-Wolves are right behind the Lakers.

The Clippers schedule is really tough the rest of the year. The Lakers will make the playoffs unless you think they will continue to play like trash for the rest of the year.

Just quickly looking at the schedule the Clippers schedule is only a game or two harder than the Lakers. I mean Clippers have the Knicks today and again later on, Cleveland twice and Memphis. They play the Lakers twice (which could decide it), and they're 4.5 games ahead.

Lakers also need to leapfrog Sacramento as well. And Sac has NY twice, Washington, Chicago, Dallas 2x, Phoenix, New Orleans and Cleveland still on their schedule.

Lakers only have 5 "easy" games

Warriors signed Andrew Bogut. He was MVP in the Aussie League.

He is until Giannis proves otherwise, which isn’t something you can do in the regular season.

Typical flawed reactionary thinking. Don't need to wait for the Bucks playoff run to know that Giannis is the best player in the East, or in the game right now.

Typical flawed reactionary thinking. Don't need to wait for the Bucks playoff run to know that Giannis is the best player in the East, or in the game right now.

It's not reactionary to think that a surefire Top 5 player before his injury (or "injury" whatever) is still at that level. It's obviously close, but if I'm picking a guy to win a playoff series (which is what we're talking about), I'm picking Kawhi.

I'd take Kawhi over Giannis as well. Although I presume Giannis is good at defense, I haven't seen stats on it. But I still presume Kawhi is the best defender in the league.

I'd take Kawhi over Giannis as well. Although I presume Giannis is good at defense, I haven't seen stats on it. But I still presume Kawhi is the best defender in the league.

And he's a 49/36/87 shooter. Those numbers should get closer to his playoff percentages of 51/42/80.

Just saw the Lakers are expected to fire Walton. Dominos are starting to fall.

In 5 weeks, the Lakers will be 5 games back of the 7 seed and avoiding a first round matchup with the Warriors.

Sensing the ax from GM Lebron, Luke Walton bolts for the UCLA job.

Have to assume at this point that Lebron suffers a season-ending "injury" in the Celtics game this weekend so he can shut it down before the Lakers 5-game road trip.

And this is just another nail in the coffin for tanking and The Process. Purposefully lose, get a bunch of "assets" consisting of extremely high picks who turn into mediocre players, create a bunch of cap space to sign the best player in the world, unsuccessfully threaten to trade and thus alienate said mediocre players, and inexplicably manage to miss the playoffs despite having the "young core" to go along with the best player in the world. Trust it, bitches.

Back