• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

The Clippers schedule is really tough the rest of the year. The Lakers will make the playoffs unless you think they will continue to play like trash for the rest of the year.
The Lakers have to go like 15-3 or better the rest of the way just to have a shot at the playoffs. They’re done.

The Lakers have to go like 15-3 or better the rest of the way just to have a shot at the playoffs. They’re done.

3 more losses Bron Bron and you can go hang out with your pal Kap, and help honor his amazing "sacrifice" with a huge contribution to his foundation and organize protests in front of police stations tainted by over-aggressive police tactics and racism. At least the world will be a better place.

Have to assume at this point that Lebron suffers a season-ending "injury" in the Celtics game this weekend so he can shut it down before the Lakers 5-game road trip.

And this is just another nail in the coffin for tanking and The Process. Purposefully lose, get a bunch of "assets" consisting of extremely high picks who turn into mediocre players, create a bunch of cap space to sign the best player in the world, unsuccessfully threaten to trade and thus alienate said mediocre players, and inexplicably manage to miss the playoffs despite having the "young core" to go along with the best player in the world. Trust it, bitches.

bro, I know when your team's peak was seeing your SG put up 4 points on your home floor in the ASG that it's tough to keep your head up, but bitterness is not a good look

3 more losses Bron Bron and you can go hang out with your pal Kap, and help honor his amazing "sacrifice" with a huge contribution to his foundation and organize protests in front of police stations tainted by over-aggressive police tactics and racism. At least the world will be a better place.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I expect the Kings to get in at the 8th spot and the Spurs to be fighting Utah for the 6th spot rather than the Kings/Clippers for the 8th. Derrick White has been a quiet anchor for the spurs at point. When the Spurs went into the tank on their rodeo trip, White was out with plantar fasciatis. It is more the rest of the rotations that work better, I think - than specific to White, but before his injury White was essentially doing a PG version of Kyle Anderson and eating 25 minutes. If he's out then Forbes has to run point and you have to start Belinelli or Mills.

Anyway, it is not like I watch a ton of Spurs this season, but just looking at boxscores and lineups, he's proven to be pretty good in the 40 or so games he has played (he was injured for the first 15 games when Derozan essentially carried them.

Poeltl has played a lot more the last 10 games. He took a step back last night against Denver, but the Spurs system historically has taken about 50 games for Spurs role players to figure it out. Hopefully, that is true of Poeltl. It was true for Gay, Gasol, Belinelli the first time, Mills, etc... I think the Spurs could beat Denver in a series. They won't beat the Thunder or Warriors. Denver could put it all back together, but they have hit a fork as they work out their guard rotation - Murray and Harris have missed a lot of games over the last 6 weeks, or at least Harris has, and they are trying to work in Isaiah even though Monte Morris had been a steady and surprising really good backup PG/SG. Milsap has been out for a long stretch - I just don't think they have a ton of minutes all playing together and that could cause some problems in the playoffs against a team that comes in with momentum. Add to that a team with very little playoff experience outside Milsap and Thomas and you have a potential upset.

Have to assume at this point that Lebron suffers a season-ending "injury" in the Celtics game this weekend so he can shut it down before the Lakers 5-game road trip.

And this is just another nail in the coffin for tanking and The Process. Purposefully lose, get a bunch of "assets" consisting of extremely high picks who turn into mediocre players, create a bunch of cap space to sign the best player in the world, unsuccessfully threaten to trade and thus alienate said mediocre players, and inexplicably manage to miss the playoffs despite having the "young core" to go along with the best player in the world. Trust it, bitches.

LeBron wants Kareem's scoring title though

I expect the Kings to get in at the 8th spot and the Spurs to be fighting Utah for the 6th spot rather than the Kings/Clippers for the 8th. Derrick White has been a quiet anchor for the spurs at point. When the Spurs went into the tank on their rodeo trip, White was out with plantar fasciatis. It is more the rest of the rotations that work better, I think - than specific to White, but before his injury White was essentially doing a PG version of Kyle Anderson and eating 25 minutes. If he's out then Forbes has to run point and you have to start Belinelli or Mills.

Anyway, it is not like I watch a ton of Spurs this season, but just looking at boxscores and lineups, he's proven to be pretty good in the 40 or so games he has played (he was injured for the first 15 games when Derozan essentially carried them.

Poeltl has played a lot more the last 10 games. He took a step back last night against Denver, but the Spurs system historically has taken about 50 games for Spurs role players to figure it out. Hopefully, that is true of Poeltl. It was true for Gay, Gasol, Belinelli the first time, Mills, etc... I think the Spurs could beat Denver in a series. They won't beat the Thunder or Warriors. Denver could put it all back together, but they have hit a fork as they work out their guard rotation - Murray and Harris have missed a lot of games over the last 6 weeks, or at least Harris has, and they are trying to work in Isaiah even though Monte Morris had been a steady and surprising really good backup PG/SG. Milsap has been out for a long stretch - I just don't think they have a ton of minutes all playing together and that could cause some problems in the playoffs against a team that comes in with momentum. Add to that a team with very little playoff experience outside Milsap and Thomas and you have a potential upset.

I agree with this somewhat. A lot would need to come together quickly for the Spurs to clinch the 7 spot and play well enough to beat the Nuggets. I'm fairly optimistic about a Spurs future starting lineup of Dejounte/DeRozen/Gay/LMA/Poelti with White as the 6th man, but they need to add a rim protector (or hope Metu can become one), wing defender, and get rid of Mills to challenge for the top 4 in the West.

I agree with this somewhat. A lot would need to come together quickly for the Spurs to clinch the 7 spot and play well enough to beat the Nuggets. I'm fairly optimistic about a Spurs future starting lineup of Dejounte/DeRozen/Gay/LMA/Poelti with White as the 6th man, but they need to add a rim protector (or hope Metu can become one), wing defender, and get rid of Mills to challenge for the top 4 in the West.

I don't know why you get rid of Mills. The Spurs have experimented this year with essentially running two PGs at once. With White and Dejounte, you can do that because both can play 2 defensively with their size. That means Forbes and Mills can clearly get some minutes. I would think you'd go with the hot hand. Hell, I'd try to bring back Danny Green. He's a great wing defender and I think his next contract will be extremely affordable

I’m not sure the Spurs can afford bigger needs while carrying Mills salary. They already have White as a sixth man. Forbes is coming up and makes $10M less. Lonnie Walker will emerge at some point. I don’t think they need Mills and Forbes in that rotation.

I’m for bringing back Green for cheap.

I’m not sure the Spurs can afford bigger needs while carrying Mills salary. They already have White as a sixth man. Forbes is coming up and makes $10M less. Lonnie Walker will emerge at some point. I don’t think they need Mills and Forbes in that rotation.

I’m for bringing back Green for cheap.

The Spurs have such a long history of either trading guys or letting guys sign elsewhere for a lot of money only to almost disappear. I thought Simmons was going to be a 13/7 guy in Orlando. Nope. I thought Dejuan Blair would get 25 minutes per game in Washington. Nope. Anybody remember Gary Neal after he left the Spurs. The only guy who continued to do what they did in SA with another team is probably Aron Baynes.

Mills would probably be a good fit at backup for Portland, or land some place like a Charlotte this year where his professionalism, worldliness and playoff experience could be helpful. The Kings maybe.

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread: Will the Spurs and Lakers miss the playoffs?

Makes complete sense to have a dribbling and ball handling coach. Pretty sweet for Luka to learn from one of the greats. I had no idea Wake recruited him. He was known in HS at least because of his name.

We could have had God Shammgod and AI. Man.

A blast from the past:

God Shammgod is dribbling/ball handling coach for the Dallas Mavericks.
link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-could-be-even-bigger/?utm_term=.840d7dd6e57d

Wake recruited him heavily in the mid 90's. He would have been the post Randolph Childress point guard at Wake. He ended up at Providence.

Providence almost got Tim. Had he gone there, the Friars would have a real shot at the national championship with Tim, God, Austin Croshere, Derrick Brown, Ruben Garces, etc.

I haven't watched a lick of the Kings this year, but I do know Bagley went down and that might hurt their chances.

It does. Bagley had I think 3 double doubles in a row before he went down. The last full game he played, I think he went for 30+ and 18 boards. Harry Giles has taken about half of his minutes and is doing okay. They seem to be playing him at the 5 and pulling him out to the 3point line, not to take those 3s, but to pull the center out for Bogdanovic drives. Giles can take a five off the dribble as well. I do believe he has permanently lost some of his lateral quickness though. He appears to be a liability on D - lacks the strength to effectively guard many of the 4s and 5s in the league and not quick enough to guard most 3s. He's a poor man's Danny Manning without the effective outside shot.

Giles is pretty terrible. He fouls and turns the ball over way too much, can't defend, can't shoot past 3 feet, and his on/off numbers are very telling. That injury ruined him. He's not even 21 yet though, so maybe he could get more efficient, bulk up some, learn to shoot?

Giles is pretty terrible. He fouls and turns the ball over way too much, can't defend, can't shoot past 3 feet, and his on/off numbers are very telling. That injury ruined him. He's not even 21 yet though, so maybe he could get more efficient, bulk up some, learn to shoot?

Do On-Off numbers really tell much since it's so dependent on who is backing you up or who you're backing up? I imagine Sean Livingston's on off numbers are terrible when he's backing up Steph Curry.

Just looking at his On-Off numbers, team defense seems either the same or better with him on the court, for example. And 26PPG/36 and 13RPG/36 on 63% shooting the last 5 doesn't seem too bad. The team's offense is worse with him on the court, but that could just be who he's on the court with.

Back