• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Do On-Off numbers really tell much since it's so dependent on who is backing you up or who you're backing up? I imagine Sean Livingston's on off numbers are terrible when he's backing up Steph Curry.

Just looking at his On-Off numbers, team defense seems either the same or better with him on the court, for example. And 26PPG/36 and 13RPG/36 on 63% shooting the last 5 doesn't seem too bad. The team's offense is worse with him on the court, but that could just be who he's on the court with.

On/off and plus/minus are pretty rough indicators in small sample sizes, but that's too many negatives

k238NL1.png

Minutes sample sizes with different rotations are way too small sample size to infer much, but:

JpeiWND.png

I'd look at what's happening with the #6 lineup there and try and figure out what works with it and how he's helping. Similarly, looking along the bottom there, the team just isn't better when he's playing with them.

He has seemingly had a decent stretch the last 5 against solid opponents, though the team has gone 2-3

On/off and plus/minus are pretty rough indicators in small sample sizes, but that's too many negatives

k238NL1.png

Minutes sample sizes with different rotations are way too small sample size to infer much, but:

JpeiWND.png

I'd look at what's happening with the #6 lineup there and try and figure out what works with it and how he's helping. Similarly, looking along the bottom there, the team just isn't better when he's playing with them.

He has seemingly had a decent stretch the last 5 against solid opponents, though the team has gone 2-3

Aren't opponent negatives good? When he's on the court, the opponents shoot 51.5% , when he's off the court, they shoot 53%.

Celts flipped a switch last night. I'm not sure Boogie is good for the Warriors. He's a complete mess on defense and looks overweight. But they were missing Klay.

If he isn’t, he just won’t play much. They got Bogut now too.

Celts flipped a switch last night. I'm not sure Boogie is good for the Warriors. He's a complete mess on defense and looks overweight. But they were missing Klay.

Also just having to accommodate and ego like that on a team can be distracting. Anything that's taking away shots from Steph, KD or Klay probably isn't good, even if he himself is above average on offense.

Last edited:
We'll know if the Celtics "flipped a switch" if they play like this for a few games in a row.

I don't know why you get rid of Mills. The Spurs have experimented this year with essentially running two PGs at once. With White and Dejounte, you can do that because both can play 2 defensively with their size. That means Forbes and Mills can clearly get some minutes. I would think you'd go with the hot hand. Hell, I'd try to bring back Danny Green. He's a great wing defender and I think his next contract will be extremely affordable

Derrick White with a pretty crazy line vs. the Hawks tonight. 18 pts (8-11), 9 ast, 6 reb, 6 blks.

And this dunk on Alex Len.

This was an informative segment.

8b48cc2cccc242b98ba404a9bfd7c2b7.jpg

AFA hit 2 FTs to put the Blazers in OT vs. OKC. Winner breaks a three-way tie with the Rockets.

I would just release him at the end of the year. he brings above avg defense but thats about it. more and more players with his body and athleticism are becoming available without his loud ass mouth

I expect the West to be a dogfight this year. Miami is further out of first place in the East - as the 8th seed - than Dallas is in the West. The Spurs are tied for 8th - and only 7.5 games out of first. Sacramento is 11 games out. That is a tight seeding in the West. Even if the seeds hold relatively stable, the 2-7 and 3-6 series are going to be much tougher than in the East.

I expect the West to be a dogfight this year. Miami is further out of first place in the East - as the 8th seed - than Dallas is in the West. The Spurs are tied for 8th - and only 7.5 games out of first. Sacramento is 11 games out. That is a tight seeding in the West. Even if the seeds hold relatively stable, the 2-7 and 3-6 series are going to be much tougher than in the East.

Yep. Thinking about getting Magic playoff tickets if they make it. I didn’t even realize until a few weeks ago that they were in contention.

BTW - James Johnson having such a hum drum season that he has been a healthy DNP the last week as they make a push for the playoffs. That's an expensive asset to be out of the top 10 rotation. I think a former 10-day contract guy is taking his minutes - Derrick Jones Jr.

JJ is making $14 mil this year, $15 mil next year and a player option the next. I would expect Miami to try and unload him in the summer if they can. I think he would make a nice wing for the Hawks. bazemore is on a similar contract but one year shorter. A swap might benefit both if the Hawks can pry a draft pick out of Miami as well.

Back