• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Why would Griffin want such a terrible job? It's not like this will be the only GM job available over the next year or two.

Wall's contract may be the worst in the NBA. In spite of the possible insurance benefit for not playing much next year, they will be stuck for over $130M on their cap for 20-21 and two more seasons for a 30+yo PG who had a major Achilles injury. He'll be paid over $91M when he's 32 and 33. That's unmovable.

Why would Griffin want such a terrible job? It's not like this will be the only GM job available over the next year or two.

Wall's contract may be the worst in the NBA. In spite of the possible insurance benefit for not playing much next year, they will be stuck for over $130M on their cap for 20-21 and two more seasons for a 30+yo PG who had a major Achilles injury. He'll be paid over $91M when he's 32 and 33. That's unmovable.

He's a Klutch sports guy. The Lakers will be dumb enough to trade for him after they strike out on everyone else.

ESPN says Sixers are about to sign Greg Monroe. I thought they were happy with Boban backing up Embiid...

Holy crap

a whole Lotta Giannis jerseys here at the Wells Fargo arena

ya boi wearing one of them

With a week to go in the regular season, here is where all East playoff contenders stack up head-to-head against each other:
1. MIL - 24-7
2. PHI - 18-13
3. BOS - 18-14
4. TOR - 17-14
5. ORL - 16-14
6. IND - 15-15
7. CHA - 14-17
8. BKN - 12-18
9. DET - 12-21
10. MIA - 9-22

With a week to go in the regular season, here is where all West playoff teams stack up head-to-head against each other:

1. DEN - 14-11
2. HOU - 14-11
3. OKC - 14-11
4. GSW - 13-11
5. SAS - 12-13
6. UTA - 11-12
7. POR - 11-14
8. LAC - 9-15

Here are all playoff contending teams vs each other:

1 MIL-33-13
2 PHI-29-18
3 OKC-26-17
4 HOU-27-18
5 DEN-25-19
6 GSW-24-19
7 TOR-26-21
8 POR-24-21
9 UTA-22-21
10 SAS-22-22
11 LAC-21-23
12 IND-21-25
13 BOS-21-27
14 ORL-20-26
15 MIA-18-29
16 DET-17-30
17 CHA-16-29
18 BKN-16-30

The Hornets went 2-12 against the West. Ugh.

I wonder how Irish is reconciling that Vlade is in the HOF and Webber isn’t.

Interesting Kyle Korver piece from the Player's Tribune.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kyle-korver-utah-jazz-nba

But in many ways the more dangerous form of racism isn’t that loud and stupid kind. It isn’t the kind that announces itself when it walks into the arena. It’s the quiet and subtle kind. The kind that almost hides itself in plain view. It’s the person who does and says all the “right” things in public: They’re perfectly friendly when they meet a person of color. They’re very polite. But in private? Well….. they sort of wish that everyone would stop making everything “about race” all the time.

It’s the kind of racism that can seem almost invisible — which is one of the main reasons why it’s allowed to persist.

And so, again, banning a guy like Russ’s heckler? To me, that’s the “easy” part. But if we’re really going to make a difference as a league, as a community, and as a country on this issue….. it’s like I said — I just think we need to push ourselves another step further.

First, by identifying that less visible, less obvious behavior as what it is: racism.

And then second, by denouncing that racism — actively, and at every level.

That’s the bare minimum of where we have to get to, I think, if we’re going to consider the NBA — or any workplace — as anything close to part of the solution in 2019.

I don’t read this thread that often. What is the consensus on who you guys think is MVP this Year?

Back