• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

knox, robinson, smith jr is decent--lakers are slightly ahead of schedule to the knicks but GM lebron kinda makes all that worse

Agree. And I also agree it's unlikely to see KD not doing well with the Knicks because he doesn't seem to have the corrosive effect Lebron does. Also as a shotmaker, KD can play with just about anybody including Kyrie.

I assume KD will know the draft order before free agency?

NY looks a lot better with Zion coming in

The draft itself is before FA, so he'll know if they have Zion or not. A starting five of Kemba, DSJ, Robinson, Durant, and Zion would be pretty fun to watch.

Who do y’all have in the East semis?

I think more chalk:

Toronto in 6
Milwaukee in 6

I think more chalk:

Toronto in 6
Milwaukee in 6

FWIW, the series prices are:

76ers +190
Raptors -230

Celts +225
Bucks -275

Like the Bucks in 6 as well. Not as confident in the PHI/TOR series.

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread: Dame. Damn.

I think more chalk:

Toronto in 6
Milwaukee in 6

Agree. The Celts and Sixers would have to consistently play better than the sum of their parts to push it to 7. Kawhi and Giannis are just too good.

Should be good games though. Lots of nice young talent with good veterans.

PHI is +73 in 49 minutes in the playoffs with their starting 5 on the floor. I think they stomp on TOR. Playoff Lowry will be playoff Lowry, especially since he's got a hurt finger on his shooting hand. And Kawhi can't be too successful this season if he wants to bolt next season.

Bucks have been so impressive to me the way they've been winning games so effortlessly.

Kinda boring even as someone who wants a little more drama from the games

I think MKE in five

This Celts team just feels meh to me this year

Some #analysis

Sixers don’t match up well with Toronto

Kawhi on Ben in particular is a nightmare, Ben’s assist to turnover ratio flips on its head when defended by Kawhi

And there’s an argument you could use Ben on Lowry and try to limit him like the Sixers did against the Nets and Russell, putting jimmy on Kawhi. The more obvious matchups are JJ on Green and Harris on Siakam. No big mismatches there either way. Embiid has consistently struggled against Gasol. Think he matches up much better against Ibaka. But the real problem comes at backup center. Boban absolutely cannot defend Gasol or Ibaka. Ibaka is 50% from midrange, that will kill us. And Jonah Bolden just isn’t ready for prime time. If mike Scott can get healthy and we can go small I would do that and otherwise look to get Embiid as close to 40 min a game as you can. Embiid dominating is the only way the Sixers win this series.

The past scouting report on Toronto was about how much they’d kill you with their depth, and Van Vleet and Ibaka are definitely nice, and they’ve gotten good playoff minutes this year out of Norman Powell but next up is freaking Jodie Meeks. I like the Sixers bench for once.

Still think the Sixers struggle to get efficient play out of the offense—Toronto’s defense is just so good across the board. Force the Sixers into the half court and Ben against Kawhi is not pretty.

townie, are you happy with Brown as coach?

seems like the Sixers lack consistency and it feels like coaching

You sure it’s coaching and not having the same lineup for more than a few games at a time over the last several years?

townie, are you happy with Brown as coach?

seems like the Sixers lack consistency and it feels like coaching

Think I said it before but I read someone say there are 3 or 4 coaches at the top who can make their teams appreciably better and 3 or 4 coaches at the bottom who actively make their teams worse and the rest of the league it truly doesn’t matter, roster construction is way more important.

I think a good question is why the team often seems unmotivated til Brown screams at them. Like if I were Ben, why not just be elite defensively all the time? The difference between him coasting and him in high gear is absurd.

Wow these anouncers are just painful listen to. 20 straight years of Spurs in the playoffs and they get this crap. McHale is hard to listen too and his partner doesn't make it better.

Bryn Forbes is not very good.

Jamal Murray has a deep thigh bruise and can barely run...and Forbes cannot score or even look to score on him.

Back