• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

That Chris Paul contract ain't looking too hot. Can't remember him shooting this bad for this long before.

So they begged [Redacted] to come back and they're ditching Melo.

This confirms Melo is a loser and losing follows him every team he goes to. Syracuse will be his only title, because he is not a winner in the NBA.

This confirms Melo is a loser and losing follows him every team he goes to. Syracuse will be his only title, because he is not a winner in the NBA.
CP3 and his terrible contract is the main reason the Rockets aren't very good right now.

Gerry McNamara hitting all those threes had as much to do with winning as Melo did.

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Steph Curry is good at shooting the basketball

CP3 and his terrible contract is the main reason the Rockets aren't very good right now.

Nah, it’s Melo. They are much, much better with off the court vs. on. 15.4 pts per 100 possessions better is the number I read

Last edited:
You know there's a problem with melo when cp3 signed off on dumping him.

this houston story is weird. Any guesses as to what DWade is alluding to?

Nah, it’s Melo. They are much, much better with off the court vs. on. 15.4 pts per 100 possessions better is the number I read

It’s really losing Ariza. They need a defensive wing.

Ariza's shooting 37%/34% and is 33 years old. Maybe he hurts some this year, but it woulda been dumb to pay him $15 mil per.

Dude.

Really?

I mean, I don’t like Melo, but that’s just ridiculous.

McNamara hit a bunch of big threes. I think Melo had 20 vs. 18. Melo definitely had more boards and assists. If there was a 1A it was McNamara.

McNamara hit a bunch of big threes. I think Melo had 20 vs. 18. Melo definitely had more boards and assists. If there was a 1A it was McNamara.

Oh, you were talking about one game.

Because Melo was, by far, the best player in the NCAA that entire season as a freshman.

Melo sucks at NBA, but very good as a stretch 4 for Team USA.

Maybe he should go to Europe.

Melo should go to Europe. They like shooters over there. I don't know if rebounding or defense is emphasized in Europe. If not, Melo would be perfect.

From Haberstroh's article on Curry:

This season, per Basketball-Reference tracking, Curry has taken 25 3-pointers from this area and made a jaw-dropping 16 of them. That’s a conversion rate of 64 percent -- on shots near the halfcourt logo.

Brooks calls them layups. But if you do the math, they’re more like dunks. The bonus point within a 3-pointer means that on these deep 3s, Curry is averaging 1.92 points per attempt this season. Dunk attempts are averaging 1.82 points this season, according to Basketball-Reference.com tracking.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/stephen-curry-new-michael-jordan

So Steph Curry is averaging more points per shot on 25 foot+ shots than the league is averaging on dunks.

From Haberstroh's article on Curry:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/stephen-curry-new-michael-jordan

So Steph Curry is averaging more points per shot on 25 foot+ shots than the league is averaging on dunks.

“Foul the sh-- out of him,” Beal said. “And even when we did that, he was still making them. So, I don’t know.”

Beal then closed his eyes, raised his eyebrows and turned his head as if someone just asked him to explain the physics of gravity.

———
He’s a career 90.4% FT shooter so fouling the shit out of him before he takes a 28 footer is only a slight improvement assuming he’s not in the act of shooting.

Think ATS was talking more than just the final game, but the entire 2003 tourney run. In the 2003 tourney, Melo averaged 20+ points and 10 rebounds a game in the tournament, including an epic 33 point/14 rebound game in a win over #1 seed Texas in the National Semis. McNamara averaged 11 points a game in the tourney. Melo was the MVP of the East region and MVP of the Final 4. McNamara did not make the all region team, but was named to the all Final 4 team. McNamara had a good final game, but even Gerry McNamara's parents would admit that Melo was the best player and the reason why Cuse won the Natty in 2003.

With that said, Melo is awful now. OKC is better that Melo is gone. Houston will be better once Melo leaves. Dude is an anchor who will take his team to the bottom.

Back