• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

2nd round picks who I believe made at least one NBA all-star game:

Carlos Boozer
Antonio Davis
Cliff Robinson
Rashard Lewis
Manu
Michael Redd
Gilbert Arenas
Marc Gasol
Paul Milsap
The Joker (did not know he was a 2nd round pick, wow)
Goran Dragic
DeAndre Jordan
Draymond Green
Hassan Whiteside
Isiah Thomas (the ex-Celtic one)

Also:

Danny Green
Khris Middleton
Matt Barnes
Cedric Ceballalos
PJ Brown
Matt Geiger
Nick Van Excel
Byron Russell
Eric Snow
Stephen Jackson
Cuttino Mobley
PJ Tucker
Trevor Ariza

That’s a testament to how good NBA GMs are overall. That’s a lot of good players but not THAT many over a 30 year period. None of those are sure fire HOF players based solely on their NBA careers. Most were very reliable 3rd or 4th options for good teams or a top player on a solid team.

That’s a testament to how good NBA GMs are overall. That’s a lot of good players but not THAT many over a 30 year period. None of those are sure fire HOF players based solely on their NBA careers. Most were very reliable 3rd or 4th options for good teams or a top player on a solid team.

Manu is a HOF based on his NBA career, I think. The Joker is on his way - if he stays healthy. Dray Green if he doesn't implode.

One could make the argument that there's not a single player in the NBA more damaging to team chemistry than Austin Rivers.

Dn4UepXX0AAqoh8.jpg:large

12 games completed so far and every team has scored 100 points.

Not sure how often it happens but seems unusual for an almost full slate of games.

12 games completed so far and every team has scored 100 points.

Not sure how often it happens but seems unusual for an almost full slate of games.

And it looks like the bid for 13 games in which both teams scored 100 may be ruined by...the Warriors?

Anyone have the Memphis Grizzlies leading the West a quarter of the way through the season?

Plus, lol, the conference is 14 teams deep.

And the 15th team beat the Grizzlies.

Vince Carter scored his 25,000th point last night, and it could not have been more representative of his career. He dunked it, at the 4th quarter buzzer in a pretty exciting fashion, and it helped his team lose by 16 instead of 18 points.

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Rockets: "Welcome [redacted]! Bye Melo."

According to his agent this didn't happen.

What a shitshow.

Who you choose to surround yourself with matters a lot more than folks realize.

Vince Carter scored his 25,000th point last night, and it could not have been more representative of his career. He dunked it, at the 4th quarter buzzer in a pretty exciting fashion, and it helped his team lose by 16 instead of 18 points.

I love this post. IMO, Vince Carter is the most overrated player in nba history

He’s this generation’s version of Dominque Wilkins. I think both are properly rated as all time great dunkers perhaps the top two of all time and great scorers but not all time great players.

He definitely gets credit for longevity.

He’s this generation’s version of Dominque Wilkins. I think both are properly rated as all time great dunkers perhaps the top two of all time and great scorers but not all time great players.

Nique went head to head against Bird and some ridiculously great Celtic teams in the playoffs. Way better than Vince,

I’d compare Vince more to Tom Chambers.

I’d compare Vince to Carmelo Anthony. Great scorer , sucks at everything else, terrible teammate, complete lack of leadership, complete and utter failure at winning playoff basketball games.

Back