• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

A significant amount of CP3’s clout is because he was called the best leader in the NBA ad nauseum for about 10 years until they finally realized recently he creates dysfunctional locker rooms

Totally get not liking JR Reid and kind of get not liking LJ, but Zo.... Man, Mourning always seemed like a hard working/defense first all-around solid guy that was easy to root for, unless Hoya Paranoia bothered you (which I actually loved).

Yeah, I wasn't a Georgetown or Big East fan back in the day. You're a DC guy (city not Derrick Coleman) so I get it. I definitely respect Zo as a player and personality of the game.

It is being reported that Reggie Bullock had surgery on his cervix today ... if Bullock's transgender sister hadn't been murdered a few years ago, I would insert several jokes here, but will refrain.

It was actually surgery on a cervical disc herniation.

So who has been worse at managing basketball: Michael Jordan or Ron Wellman??

Two of the worst ever, less than 90 minutes from each other. If only Jordan could drive one of his Ferrari's really fast into Ron Wellman motorcycling down I-77. If they aren't going to charged for manslaughter of their basketball teams the universe needs to find a way to make it right.

I like the Jazz at 14:1. Adding Conley and Bogdonovich should open up their offense without hurting their defense.

The problem with betting on a western team is how many tough rounds of playoffs they will have to endure before even making the finals. It's not necessarily whether the team is better than the Bucks or Sixers. It's that those two teams only have each other to beat.

Bucks also picked up Korver today. Bummed about that.

I was flipping through channels last night and came upon a HS bball game featuring national #1 and undefeated Mater Dei (featuring the Wear twins, Burger Boy Tyler Lamb and USC bound Gary Franklin) versus Riverside King (with senor Kawhi Leonard and really skinny junior Tony Snell).

Kawhi only had 11 points, but every time touched the ball both Wears would sag to him and either Lamb or Franklin would help. However, he also had 20 boards and 6 blocks as well as two amazing outlet passes. He was head and shoulders better than anyone on the court. He was clearly an astonishing defender. Even legendary coach Gary McKnight said Kawhi was the best player on the court. Yet somehow, Kawhi was overlooked in rankings.

Riverside King played lots of good teams and for CA state championships in multiple years. The coach won a state championship and coached with his father who is a famed HS coach. It's not like Riverside wasn't known or didn't play anyone.

Without question, there are legitimate reasons for lots of players to slip through the cracks of ratings. But none of those applied to Kawhi.

Also dug this minutes rotation graphic for potential lineups from the Athletic:

EAVSK-nXoAACDl-

USA Basketball Roster for the World Cup In China in September:

Harrison Barnes
Jaylen Brown
Kyle Kuzma
Brook Lopez
Kris Middleton
Paul Milsap
Donovan Mitchell
Julius Randle
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
PJ Tucker
Myler Turner
Kemba Walker
Thaddeus Young

Coaches are: Popovich (HC), Kerr, Jay wright and Lloyd Pierce.

USA Basketball Roster for the World Cup In China in September:

Harrison Barnes
Jaylen Brown
Kyle Kuzma
Brook Lopez
Kris Middleton
Paul Milsap
Donovan Mitchell
Julius Randle
Marcus Smart
Jayson Tatum
PJ Tucker
Myler Turner
Kemba Walker
Thaddeus Young

Coaches are: Popovich (HC), Kerr, Jay wright and Lloyd Pierce.

Not knowing the other rosters, that team might be vulnerable.

Not knowing the other rosters, that team might be vulnerable.

Yep. Pretty underwhelming. Not sure if he was asked and declined, but would think JC would be a nice addition to that roster.

Not sure if the reason is China itself, but an ex-roommate and friend of mine travels to China every three weeks for 3 or 4 days to play bass for a Chinese pop star in arenas all over the country and he really loathes the 3rd and 4th tier cities they play. The Cincinnatis of China, if you will. He used to like to sight-see, but the smog and filth are so awful in many of these places that he'd have a hacking cough by the time he got back on the plane to go home. Now, he just plops down in his hotel room and watches shit on Netflix and Amazon.

If I'm John Collins, I am psyched if the tourney is in Greece or Argentina, Nigeria or South Africa, but China? No thank you, man.

Back