• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Trez will play some some center when they go small.

they also signed Patrick Patterson. He's a decent PF off the bench.

Definitely. This roster is designed for small ball. George is going to play a lot of PF in small lineups, but between Zubac, Patterson, Harrell, Green, and Harkless, there are plenty of combinations that the Clippers can throw out in the post.

To follow up on Complacent Deac's post, though:

When you have Leonard and George, you don't need full time handlers, either. Beverly, Shamet, Williams, etc. are perfect complements to ball-dominant wings, as guys who can shoot, slash, and distribute.

Lou is just a beast of an offensive player and he finally started to look like a consistent distributor last year, to the tune of 5.4 assists/2.4 turnovers.

Beverely is still a knockdown three point shooter (40% 3FG last year) while being one of the more efficient distributors and defensive players in the league.

Landry made 45% of his threes on six attempts as a Clipper last year and averaged just under 11ppg. He's probably the best pure shooter that we have had since JJ left; his ability to curl off screens makes that comparison a bit less ridiculous, IMO.

Clippers back court is actually kind of stacked when you think about how effective Leonard has made his backcourt-mates look over the years.

I guess you are buying all the tix for the Wake bball tourney in Anaheim and all the drinks before/after the game. :)

Washington Wizards trying to figure out how to manage Bradley Beal's workload. He led the league in minutes played. Unfortunately the Wizards have little behind him and no money (because of John Wall's contract) to get anybody else.

Washington Wizards trying to figure out how to manage Bradley Beal's workload. He led the league in minutes played. Unfortunately the Wizards have little behind him and no money (because of John Wall's contract) to get anybody else.

The only way to manage his wiz minutes is by putting him in a different uniform.

[h=1]The Hornets should just become the NBA’s weirdest science experiment[/h]
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/8...hedule-contracts-salary-news-plans-lol-uhhhhh

What they should do will never happen for a variety of reasons — both fair and idiotic — but it’s the only alternative that makes them, at the very least, interesting. With a callback to the 2015-17 Brooklyn Nets and Process-obsessed Philadelphia 76ers, the Hornets should adopt analytically inclined principles that were designed to help navigate tough times, then raise the volume to 100.
Lose-lose situations are filled with desperation, so, as a basketball team and an entertainment product, the Hornets might as well moonlight as a spectacle, the club willing to shatter boundaries and stretch limits. Instead of treating this season like a normal team would — winning 28 games, getting the eighth pick, and then sleep-walking through the next half-decade — it’s an opportunity for Charlotte to drop everything and become a science experiment. Take two or three trademark qualities — be it three-point attempts, field goals attempted in the first five seconds of the shot clock, passes completed per possession, a defensive scheme that requires at least four players to always have at least one foot in the paint/one with an all-out obsession to contest every three — and take them where no team ever has. The NBA is more riveting when one team is willing to break things. Charlotte’s inexhaustible futility makes it the quintessential candidate.

I don't really know what kind of data you'd expect to get out of such an experiment when your players aren't really that good.

I don't really know what kind of data you'd expect to get out of such an experiment when your players aren't really that good.

That's the control group.

The treatment would be any decent players they draft.

I don’t do experiments.

Yo Bmoney!

imgbin-los-angeles-lakers-dwight-howard-jersey-cheerleading-uniforms-basketball-player-dwight-howard-R3pRKgjKqJUbZawLDpWTqrLgn.jpg

The Spurs third string point guard, Patty M., just took down team USA for the first time in 79 games.

Derrick White will play SG this year, so I guess Patty is only second string.

I’d think Kemba/Mitchell/Tatum/ Middleton/ Turner would be a good 4 seed. Maybe they’d hurt on D

Lower. I don’t see them as in the same group as the Nuggets or Blazers or Jazz.

I feel bad for Kemba. You can tell from the post game quotes he forgot what it’s like to play for a good team.

Last edited:
I completely missed that Boogie is out for the season after tearing his ACL in practice last month

Back