• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

The top of the east will be better than the top of the west next year.

Aminu’s final 7 games of the playoffs...sort of important games.

Average
16 minutes per game
Points per game. 3.9
FG 28%
3 PT 4/14 not terrible but not great, especially since one of those he was unguarded and air balled by 4 feet.
Rebounds 4 per game, decent
Avg assists 1.5
2 total steals in 7 games
No blocks, 1 block, who cares.

Now THAT is a guy I would take over Draymond Green in a hot second. I’ll be here next year to remind you how dumb PER is. Aminu did not get run because he sucked when it mattered.

3 rings
3-time All Star
2017 defensive player of the year
And he shot 45% from the field this year, which is pretty good for him.

But take Aminu. Yeah.

so players salaries are for playoffs only? got it...

apparently you have poor comprehension skills. I was not trying to say aminu was better. i was comparing players based off the type of body and physical ability they have for the position they play. Even pointed out draymond has great passing ability. the major difference between the two. aminu didnt get run because thats not his role on the team. he is there for what he has been for other teams his whole career.

i am not trying to compare those 2 players...if you can get past that maybe you can understand the point.

like I said, siakom imo is already more impressive than draymond, who has those accolades you listed (any individual awards based on stats?) mainly because of being on the teams hes been on.

7/7/7...enough said

The regular season doesn't matter as much for a team that knows it is contending for a championship.

Five times in seven years 1st or 2nd team all defense. This alone gets you a huge contract.

The add being the playmaker on a dynastic team and their best rebounder.

Three time All-Star.

I get not liking his antics. He's out of control, but his overall production demands a huge salary.

eta: if you are 6'8, athletic add have good court vision, a triple double or close too should be EXPECTED everygame.

Once again lol. There were two players who came close to averaging a triple double in the nba this year. Why do you EXPECT it from literally all 80+ who fit your description?

That’s a HUGE haul for the Pelicans.

Lakers must think they can attract some other free agents.

I'm surprised wasn't included, but if Ingram is healthy they might not need another forward.

Since the Lakers don't anyone's picks, the other first rounders must be 21 and 23 since they can't trade their own picks in back-to-back years.

By getting rid of Ball and Ingram, they still have the cap space to sign Kyrie...

I'm surprised wasn't included, but if Ingram is healthy they might not need another forward.

Since the Lakers don't anyone's picks, the other first rounders must be 21 and 23 since they can't trade their own picks in back-to-back years.

By getting rid of Ball and Ingram, they still have the cap space to sign Kyrie...
Or kemba

Ball's a net negative, Ingram you'll have to pay soon, and none of those picks will be in the top 10. Meh

I can’t see Kyrie going to the Lakers. All signs point to him in Brooklyn... Especially the change in agents.

I also think the exact amount of $$$ the Lakers have available is a subject of debate (or a timing issue dependent on when the trade is completed). But I’m no expert.

I think the Lakers will just overpay a free agent that is below the elite level guys this offseason.

Ball's a net negative, Ingram you'll have to pay soon, and none of those picks will be in the top 10. Meh

You mean aside from the #4 this year, right?

I mostly agree on the 3 players they got... But I can’t remember a deal where a team got as much as the Pelicans just hauled in.

You mean aside from the #4 this year, right?

I mostly agree on the 3 players they got... But I can’t remember a deal where a team got as much as the Pelicans just hauled in.

The other picks are a protected 2021 and unprotected 2024. Not bad. If they don’t want Ingram, they could probably flip him for a second rounder maybe a low 1st. This was a very good deal for the Pels

The other picks are a protected 2021 and unprotected 2024. Not bad. If they don’t want Ingram, they could probably flip him for a second rounder maybe a low 1st. This was a very good deal for the Pels

I think Ingram's better than that. He was really having some spectacular games before he went out averaging close to 30 PPG on 58% shooting. I think someone would give a mid first rounder for him.

how is ball a negative?

Not worth the daddy issues

I can’t see Kyrie going to the Lakers. All signs point to him in Brooklyn... Especially the change in agents.

I also think the exact amount of $$$ the Lakers have available is a subject of debate (or a timing issue dependent on when the trade is completed). But I’m no expert.

I think the Lakers will just overpay a free agent that is below the elite level guys this offseason.

AD is getting paid a little under $28M next year. Ball, Ingram and Hart are making right at $18M. That puts them at about $75-76M. The cap will be about $109M.

The signs were all to B'klyn before KD got hurt and the Lakers got AD. I'd guess it's close to a toss-up at this point. Without another star, B'klyn has no shot at winning the East with Kyrie.

He's better than that, but I don't think anybody would give up more than a low 1st or 2nd given that he's an RFA after next season.

If he's not in the Pels' long-term plans, they can get some value for him. I could see the Hawks offering one of their high 2nds for him.

The Lakers have made three #2 picks in the last 5 drafts. They've traded all of them. One became an All-Star. They picked two PGs with the #2 pick and will be starting Rondo next year.

Last edited:

how is ball a negative?

He's better than that, but I don't think anybody would give up more than a low 1st or 2nd given that he's an RFA after next season.

If he's not in the Pels' long-term plans, they can get some value for him. I could see the Hawks offering one of their high 2nds for him.

I'm thinking more like a team like Indiana or Utah would happily trade like the 15th pick for him this year. Some team who was like 5th-8th in the playoffs last year.

Ingram is the key to the trade for the Pels. They aren't trading him for mid-1st round pick.

Back