• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Rockets red glare. In theory, those are four late 1st rounders ... It essentially throws this season in the bin. I think Minnesota should be holding out for a player - say a Tashean Prince type, but at SG. Think Jonathan Simmons ... so that this year is not a total bust

Think Houston leaked that cause Thibs was saying no and they wanted the owner to step in and take it, or Minny leaked it to drive up the price?

Because they'll all land in the mid-late 20s, so it's really just a meh offer?

From what I’m seeing they would have to be stretched out over several years and by the end who knows how good Houston would be, particularly since this seems like a win now move knowing the window is maybe two years

Celtics absolutely stink right now. Dudes got way too full of themselves reading their press clippings.

From what I’m seeing they would have to be stretched out over several years and by the end who knows how good Houston would be, particularly since this seems like a win now move knowing the window is maybe two years

It would have to be 20, 22, 24, 26 if I’m not mistaken. And I’m assuming Knight will have to be part of the deal to make the salaries work, which can’t happen until the 31st.

Think Houston leaked that cause Thibs was saying no and they wanted the owner to step in and take it, or Minny leaked it to drive up the price?

That would be my guess. It’s going to be hard for Minnesota to justify not moving Butler (in Butler’s eyes at least) with that kind of offer on the table.

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Steph Curry is good at shooting the basketball

Celtics absolutely stink right now. Dudes got way too full of themselves reading their press clippings.

LOL

The only fans that approach dook and UNC-levels of genuine, irredeemable awfulness are Boston sports fans. All of them.

I think Morey is just proving a point... that Thibs isn't serious about trading Butler for anything. The leverage that those 4-first round picks could give the Wolves' would normally be a no-brainer. Thibs is going to look like more of a clown, if he turns this down.

I think Morey is just proving a point... that Thibs isn't serious about trading Butler for anything. The leverage that those 4-first round picks could give the Wolves' would normally be a no-brainer. Thibs is going to look like more of a clown, if he turns this down.

Those picks are likely to be very low. It's unlikely they would get much more than filler players at that point.

It would be different if was a deal that had this year's Houston pick along with a pick from lottery team and the same thing happening in another year.

But this is a crap deal.

Plus it was an impossible deal. The Rox can't take on 90% of Jimmy's $20M when they are already over $30M above the cap. Morey just liked seeing and hearing his name. This was ALWAYS a non-deal.

Back