• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: All Spurs. Tastefully done, but definitely ALL SPURS

Holy shit. That is awesome.

That was a fun sequence in Portland. Lebron dunk, Dame dunk, Lebron dunk.

Lebron did the same dunk that was in the 2k commercial a minute later.

Last edited:
Read the other day LeBron has never had a 27-7-7 game in the NBA despite averaging that for 15 years.

Also interestingly enough he went 27-7-7 in the McD AA game. <cue phdeac talking about him stealing cp3’s assists>

Is LeBron wearing a cheetah print arm sleeve

2016-2017 Roster

LMA - made All Star team LY
Kyle Anderson --- never liked him; but he produces numbers when provided minutes --- GONE
Bertans
Dwayne Dedmon --- averaged 10/8 as starting center for Atlanta LY --- GONE
Forbes
Gasol
Ginobili --- RETIRED
Danny Green --- GONE
David Lee --- RETIRED
Kawhi at his peak --- GONE
Patty Mills
Dejounta Murray (worked on his shot all off-season and was ready for real breakout this year) --- INJURED out for year
Tony Parker --- GONE
Johnathan Simmons (14 PPG as sixth man for Orlando last year) --- GONE

5 of those guys available to play right now for SA. Crazy since that is the team that I had no idea was that good - but they were - and a deep look at that roster and who is still producing and where, shows a very solid group. All broken up now.

FU Pachulia

Kawhi had 24/12 in his season opener. I'm not sure I can watch Celts-Raptors tonight. It's like seeing an ex knowing she's still going to be hot.

The Spurs broke up the roster and people didn't realize it.

Don't feel like the Spurs broke up the roster. Feel more like the break up was forced upon them.

Don't feel like the Spurs broke up the roster. Feel more like the break up was forced upon them.

Free agency and aging stars are common. The Spurs have faced both several times over the Duncan/Pop era without breaking up the roster.

They could have tried to pay Denmon, Simmons, and Anderson for example.

because it barely moves the needle

it's not people don't realize, it's that it's just not that big of a deal in the NBA landscape

as a general NBA fan, not resigning those guys is like the 194th most interesting thing an analyst could talk about

because it barely moves the needle

it's not people don't realize, it's that it's just not that big of a deal in the NBA landscape

as a general NBA fan, not resigning those guys is like the 194th most interesting thing an analyst could talk about

The Kawhi trade was the culmination of these moves and that was one of the biggest stories through the end of the regular season into the offseason.

You don't think the Kawhi situation was one of the biggest stories this offseason?

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: All Spurs. Tastefully done, but definitely ALL SPURS

You don't think the Kawhi situation was one of the biggest stories this offseason?

15a93f39bcbea4b87a919b043feaf7f6.gif

If by NBA Talk, you mean anything on ESPN or Fox Sports, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd topic will be:

Lebron going to LA
Lebron leaving Cleveland
Lebron, Lebron and more Lebron

There is no real NBA talk on ESPN. No one is breaking down the Jazz, the Pelicans or the Pacers or the Spurs.

They rehash the same topics about Lebron, the Warriors and then sprinkle a little something about Celts, 76ers and Rockets. That's it. Breaking down the changes made to the NBA rank and file, including solid teams like the Spurs is not sexy enough for the four letter network to go into.

I don't even understand what your point is.

Yes the Kawhi trade was a big story and lots of people talked about it. Not re-signing those three guys you mentioned is not a big story, so not that many people talked about it. Manu and TP are gone and people talked about it, but it won't have a big on court impact.

It sounds like you're saying the general league discussion has not been as Spurs-centric as you would like.

I don't even understand what your point is.

Yes the Kawhi trade was a big story and lots of people talked about it. Not re-signing those three guys you mentioned is not a big story, so not that many people talked about it. Manu and TP are gone and people talked about it, but it won't have a big on court impact.

It sounds like you're saying the general league discussion has not been as Spurs-centric as you would like.

No. There are media narratives about every franchise. Most of them are narratives over several seasons.

The Spurs narrative over the last several years was "when will the Spurs dynasty/Pop era end" Then it happened even in the midst of one of the biggest stories of the last 8 months and there haven't been stories acknowledging that it happened. Patty Mills is the only player left who was on the 2014-15 team. Nobody would be surprised if Pop announces this is his last season or more likely just retires at the end of the season.

Media have reported each step in this transition, but I haven't seen the national sports media go ahead and call it.

Pilch, I'm curious how media is going to cover Lebron and the Lakers' pursuit of KD, Kawhi, and other free agents. For me, the question is if they willing to sacrifice a promising young core for aging stars to appease Lebron? I didn't realize they weren't starting Lonzo and Kuzma in the opener. Then Lebron signed, the narrative seemed to be that Lebron was willing to go to LA and mentor young players even though there wasn't much chance at a championship. Now it seems like he may alienate the young players and ruin LA's long term prospects like he did in Cleveland.

Last edited:
No. There are media narratives about every franchise. Most of them are narratives over several seasons.

The Spurs narrative over the last several years was "when will the Spurs dynasty/Pop era end" Then it happened even in the midst of one of the biggest stories of the last 8 months and there haven't been stories acknowledging that it happened. Patty Mills is the only player left who was on the 2014-15 team. Nobody would be surprised if Pop announces this is his last season or more likely just retires at the end of the season.

Media have reported each step in this transition, but I haven't seen the national sports media go ahead and call it.

Pilch, I'm curious how media is going to cover Lebron and the Lakers' pursuit of KD, Kawhi, and other free agents. For me, the question is if they willing to sacrifice a promising young core for aging stars to appease Lebron? I didn't realize they weren't starting Lonzo and Kuzma in the opener. Then Lebron signed, the narrative seemed to be that Lebron was willing to go to LA and mentor young players even though there wasn't much chance at a championship. Now it seems like he may alienate the young players and ruin LA's long term prospects like he did in Cleveland.

I think pretty much every Kawhi story written over the past 8+ months has acknowledged that him not playing/leaving would be/was the end of the dynasty (ZaZa landing on Kawhi’s foot was the exact moment). Pop is the only reason anyone in the NBA media picked the Spurs to make the playoffs this year. Several of the writers who predicted they’d miss it cited losing Kyle Anderson and others in addition to Kawhi would be the reason why. It’s been discussed the appropriate amount.

Back