• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

the idea that fouls called at the rim should correlate with shots taken at the rim in a one-game sample size is misguided -- Toronto has some really good post defenders in Gasol, Ibaka, and Siakam

that said, the officiating down the stretch was bad

particularly egregious was the missed foul on Gasol's rebound when he was holding onto Lopez

They never took off the two points for Ibaka’s blatant goaltending either, right?

the idea that fouls called at the rim should correlate with shots taken at the rim in a one-game sample size is misguided -- Toronto has some really good post defenders in Gasol, Ibaka, and Siakam

that said, the officiating down the stretch was bad

particularly egregious was the missed foul on Gasol's rebound when he was holding onto Lopez

Bucks have some pretty good post defenders as well. The disparity is glaring.

On the over and back missed call, was that ball tipped by a Bucks player? They never showed the replay in the arena. Credit to the Raptors bench, they are hitting all the wide open looks they keep getting from three.

Really hard for me to pull for the Raptors/Kawhi after the Spurs fiasco. I'd love to see the Bucks in the Finals, but I'm not sure they can win 2 straight now.

Toronto starting to take control. I think GS would prefer to see them. GS beats Toronto in 5, with or without KD.

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - Warriors sweep Blazers; Dame still gets paid

Nah. Kawhi is playoff tested, having an amazing run, and they’re on a roll. Remember when people here laughed at the idea that healthy Kawhi is a top 3 player?

The Bucks have no offense if the first or second guy who gets the ball from Giannis can’t do anything. He’s given up on getting into the lane.

Warriors have 3 of the 4 best players on the court without KD and Cousins, and 5 of best 6 with both, so it doesn’t matter who they play or if those guys are healthy, but we’ve all known known that since October, hence why 2 posts during game 6 of EC finals.

Lol, could that pass back to Giannis on the roll have been any more predictable?

I don’t understand why you don’t foul down 3 with just over 30 seconds left. A lot can go wrong, very little can go right. Give it 5 seconds to get a steal, then foul

Warriors in 5

Probably. I think I may have said Warriors-Raptors in 6 at the beginning of the playoffs. Doesn't really matter.

The Raptors have two things most teams don't have. They have two players who can effectively guard KD and they may have the best player on the court. Unfortunately, it would take a few injuries or Draymond suspensions for the Raptors to win 4. They had a good season and great playoffs. I would imagine most Raptors fans believe it was worth it even if Kawhi bolts.

By the way, saw a rumor that the Lakers are considering trading the #4 pick to the Spurs get DeRozan. Yes, please. It would be a ridiculously dumb move for the Lakers, but GM Lebron is probably dreaming about a roster with Kawhi, AD, and a capable guard and no pesky kids around to mess it up.

That would be a great move for the Lakers. That #4 pick immediately drops in value once it becomes an actual player next month. They've already Processed themselves and, as expected, have minimal draft results to show for it, just a few mediocre players. Hell, they tried to trade their entire Process for one player who himself hasn't won anything, and their Process wasn't even worth that. They've got LeBron and cap room, there is no reason for them not to dump their draft picks for whatever max value they can get for them before their window closes. Now, who knows whether GM LeBron will trade for the correct guys, but the strategy itself is the right move.

For all the Kawhi/Giannis talk, it looks like Fred Van Vleet's 11 for 14 from 3 in the last two games, both decided by 6 points, was the difference

It was always going to be about the supporting cast. The Bucks supporting cast played very well the first two games and the Raptors supporting cast played very well the last four including how well they defended Giannis.

adding another guy who can’t shoot to play with lebron sounds like a genius idea

adding another guy who can’t shoot to play with lebron sounds like a genius idea

LeBron has failed more often than not with the flawed "surround him with shooters" supporting cast. The Warriors are the exception, not the rule, and can't be duplicated probably ever. However, LeBron won 2 titles playing with the guy who had (at the time) the best midrange game in the league. DeRozen still has one of the best, if not the best, midrange games in the league. He has 2 years left on his contract, and LeBron is in win-now mode, they aren't rebuilding through the draft. Put them together and see what happens, they'll get much more impactful results from that than whoever they would pick at #4. Coby White / Cam Reddish / Deandre Hunter are not having the impact over the next two years that DeRozen would.

Back