• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Those who don't think Manning helped JC, Dinos and Doral a great deal have no understanding of basketball. That's not saying Danny has done a passable job overall, but the idea that he didn't massively help those guys massively is either willful blindness or idiocy.

Really weird that Manning only helped a couple of guys get better and let all those other recruits regress.

Maybe Manning should have worked his magic on some of those other 30 guys that stopped by for a season or two.

WOW. How much is the Manning family paying you?

Idiotic statement. In my post, I said he hadn't done a passable job.

Saying he's done one job well is hardly doing what you allege.

I've said multiple times he should be gone. But nuance and reality seem to be foreign to you and others here.

Idiotic statement. In my post, I said he hadn't done a passable job.

Saying he's done one job well is hardly doing what you allege.

I've said multiple times he should be gone. But nuance and reality seem to be foreign to you and others here.
My god, you can be so dumb.

What a shock that Ayo can't or won't understand how someone can do one aspect of a job well and fail at many others. Then, he calls someone else dumb because he doesn't get it.

What a shock that Ayo can't or won't understand how someone can do one aspect of a job well and fail at many others. Then, he calls someone else dumb because he doesn't get it.
You didn't catch the clear sarcasm in that RChill post? Jesus Christ, you can be dense.

Bama, if that's the case I am wrong about RC, but many here (including Ayo) refuse to give Manning credit for anything.

Bama, if that's the case I am wrong about RC, but many here (including Ayo) refuse to give Manning credit for anything.

Why attack the one guy on your side? #sarcasmmeterfail

I think the real question is not about giving manning credit for what he does do well (and credit for what he does poorly). Lots of people have given manning credit for recruiting pretty well over all, coaching big men, not being as much of a jerk as [Redacted] (low bar here).

The frustration is that as time passes and the [Redacted] stink is further from the program it's all on manning. As the new car smell fades and we continue to watch with more scrutiny we're beginning to have questions about what he has been labeled as doing well. The luster is fading from his recruiting prowess. He's only had 3 big guys show real improvement. Why not more?

Maybe he has been given given credit where it's not due.

I think the real question is not about giving manning credit for what he does do well (and credit for what he does poorly). Lots of people have given manning credit for recruiting pretty well over all, coaching big men, not being as much of a jerk as [Redacted] (low bar here).

The frustration is that as time passes and the [Redacted] stink is further from the program it's all on manning. As the new car smell fades and we continue to watch with more scrutiny we're beginning to have questions about what he has been labeled as doing well. The luster is fading from his recruiting prowess. He's only had 3 big guys show real improvement. Why not more?

Maybe he has been given given credit where it's not due.

Bingo. It's not fair to Manning to give him credit where it may not be due. How will he improve unless he is held accountable.

In reality, we are just trying to help him.

Houston has a very real possibility of not making the playoffs this year, one 20 game injury to either Harden or Paul probably knocks them out.

It's amazing that when you get rid of two plus-elite defenders and have the best remaining defender slowed by injures that your defense is going to suck.

This is also a great example of why some of the advanced defensive stats are garbage. Last year, people were saying how much Harden's D had improved. It hadn't he was surrounded by excellent defenders who cleaned up after him. Now, he's back to showing bad numbers on D.

It's amazing that when you get rid of two plus-elite defenders and have the best remaining defender slowed by injures that your defense is going to suck.

This is also a great example of why some of the advanced defensive stats are garbage. Last year, people were saying how much Harden's D had improved. It hadn't he was surrounded by excellent defenders who cleaned up after him. Now, he's back to showing bad numbers on D.

RJ: 1
Stats: 0

36 minutes. I’m guessing that’s a career high.

He’s got a good shot at averaging 20/10 shooting over 60%. As far as I can tell, he would be the youngest player to do that.

Collins playing great, but needs to get to the line more. 22 fg attempts but only 1 FT?

No more than 4 FTs in a game this year. (edit: not quite accurate. first game of the year he had 7)

Last edited:
Collins playing great, but needs to get to the line more. 22 fg attempts but only 1 FT?

No more than 4 FTs in a game this year. (edit: not quite accurate. first game of the year he had 7)

He dunks so hard that opponents just back away rather than fouling him.

which team has the least interesting roster?

I vote the Brooklyn Nets, but MY BULLS are up there

Back