• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

He’d join Kareem, Shaq, and Wilt as the only guys to ever do it (Barkley shot .59983 one year). He needs to average a little over 32 mpg and maintain his per minute averages the rest of the way (and stay healthy) to get there.

Interestingly, the biggest threat to him hitting those numbers actually involves him getting better, not worse, as the season goes along. A more consistent three point shot would probably keep his overall FG% below 60%.

Good point about 3 point shooting.

Good point about 3 point shooting. He is shooting 68.5% from inside the arc. He’s attempting 2.5 3pt per game. If he keeps that number and shoots 34% from 3 like last year, he should be fine.

Good point about 3 point shooting. He is shooting 68.5% from inside the arc. He’s attempting 2.5 3pt per game. If he keeps that number and shoots 34% from 3 like last year, he should be fine.

Yeah 3s make up a little less than 20% of his FG attempts right now. If a more consistent shot leads to him taking more threes per game, his FG% will drop. If he can get back above 33%, you’d expect the share of his FGAs that are threes to rise to at least 25%, which would actually slightly drop his FG% if his 2P% stays the same.

23PPG/13RPG is about what I was thinking when I bet him 50:1. Would he be Sophmore of the year? I think Simmons would still get him, but he looks like he's in a race for 2nd with D'Aaron Fox. Tatum's OK this year, but nothing special and Mitchell isn't having a great year.

The Bulls have an elite dunker and emerging scorer who's only 23 years old and some other interesting young players. They don't seem to go together, but I haven't watched them play much though.

I can watch every Magic game and I haven't bother to watch one. I thought Issac would be better. He's still real young though.

MY SPURS have a pretty boring roster of olds and rando shooters.

23PPG/13RPG is about what I was thinking when I bet him 50:1. Would he be Sophmore of the year? I think Simmons would still get him, but he looks like he's in a race for 2nd with D'Aaron Fox. Tatum's OK this year, but nothing special and Mitchell isn't having a great year.

Collins probably needs to get close to that in order to keep Wake’s 21 year streak of having an alum on an All-NBA, All-Defense, or All-Rookie team alive. Maybe Chris sneaks back onto one of the All-Defense teams, but I doubt it.

Magic are defs on the list. Cavs too.

among good teams, I find the Nuggets the least compelling

But the Cavs have JR. He's always one touch from doing something really stupid or entertaining.

Collins probably needs to get close to that in order to keep Wake’s 21 year streak of having an alum on an All-NBA, All-Defense, or All-Rookie team alive. Maybe Chris sneaks back onto one of the All-Defense teams, but I doubt it.

Hard to see Collins getting All-NBA unless the Hawks get close .500. Third team last year was Butler, Curry, PG, Oladipo, and KAT.

the Cavs are definitely the least interesting team

Sorry donks, but the Spurs are pretty boring as well

the Suns are painful to watch

The Bulls have an elite dunker and emerging scorer who's only 23 years old and some other interesting young players. They don't seem to go together, but I haven't watched them play much though.

I can watch every Magic game and I haven't bother to watch one. I thought Issac would be better. He's still real young though.

MY SPURS have a pretty boring roster of olds and rando shooters.

Shooters? I guess mid range counts.

Hard to see Collins getting All-NBA unless the Hawks get close .500. Third team last year was Butler, Curry, PG, Oladipo, and KAT.

He�s a long shot for sure. Cousins made second team a few years ago on a bad Sacramento by putting up 24/12. Collins is averaging 21/11 over his last 8 and his advanced numbers are middling, but a small improvement and the Hawks �losing� the race to the bottom would put him in the conversation.

I still don't get what they have done with the NBA schedule. They had 4-5 days off to start the year but now are still having multiple back to back games that are pretty much scheduled losses given the trips. Got to think this could have been done better. I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere that i've missed by someone a lot smarter than me but still seems like way too many b2b's.

What's Jabari's deal? He's getting DNP's in Chicago now? Every time I've watched him he passes the eye test. Putting up 15/7, although on fairly crappy %'s this year, but he's still 23. Is he just a younger Melo?

Stand corrected. The limited games I've seen have been poor shooting but looking at the standings they are 2nd %. Missed that.

Yeah. Forbes, Miles, Bertans, Gay, Cunningham, and Gasol are all shooting over 40% from deep.

Bulls are a mess, but Jabari is a ball-stopper who doesn't play D. He's not in their long-term plans, so I think they're pretty comfortable with yanking his minutes around as needed based on the health of the young guys they're trying to develop.

Back