• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

Nobody with half a brain would favor them to make the Finals over the Bucks.

And 2 draft picks have gotten them to where they are, which is currently 5th place in the East with one playoff series win since it started. Along the way to said mediocrity they have completely wasted significantly more high value picks.

The Sixers suck and Eli's elite. Got it.

Yeah. Look back through those drafts. Obviously they could have gotten Giannis and Tatum with those picks. But even if they didn't, there were plenty of players who would have been nice complementary players at the least. It's OK to miss, but moving up to get Fultz when they were planning to start Simmons at PG is just weird.

I hate tanking, but The Process has worked to elevate the franchise despite some obvious misses. The irony of a Hornets fan mocking the Sixers is pretty funny.

Why? The Hornets will likely be the 6 or 7 seed. The Sixers are the 5th seed. Acting like the process was some great coup or success is absurd. With the way they wasted pretty much every draft pick along the way, you could even say that Embiid was pure luck.

trying to engage 2&2 on the process is like trying to engage rj on non-counting stats

2&2 is just jealous he's been watching the 7-seed in the East for ten years

Instead of watching the 5th seed in the East in year 6 of the process after multiple years of completely unwatchable basketball? Not much to be jealous of.

Why? The Hornets will likely be the 6 or 7 seed. The Sixers are the 5th seed. Acting like the process was some great coup or success is absurd. With the way they wasted pretty much every draft pick along the way, you could even say that Embiid was pure luck.

Instead of watching the 5th seed in the East in year 6 of the process after multiple years of completely unwatchable basketball? Not much to be jealous of.

which team is relevant in the NBA world and which one is inconsequential?

i'm a hornets fan and even i think 2&2 is losing it

The Sixers suck and Eli's elite. Got it.

I mean one has 2 Super Bowl rings and 2 Super Bowl MVPs, and the other is sitting at 5th place in the Eastern Conference as its high water mark after years of asinine transactions. So yes, those conclusions are pretty straightforward.

Hey 2&2, who wins more playoffs series the next 5 years - Hornets or Sixers? How many playoff series have the Hornets won since the process started in Philly? Or, how many playoff GAMES have the Hornets won since the process started? Please tell us again which approach has worked better.

2&2 still got it. Sorry y’all missed out on Marc Gasol. Next window though. Good free agency destination, plenty of assets and cap space. You’ll get em. Clear path to contending, just another 5-10 years grinding for that 8 seed.

Hey 2&2, who wins more playoffs series the next 5 years - Hornets or Sixers? How many playoff series have the Hornets won since the process started in Philly? Or, how many playoff GAMES have the Hornets won since the process started? Please tell us again which approach has worked better.

The Hornets have won 3 playoff games since the process started. The 76ers have won 5 playoff games since the process started. So again, farts in the wind. If you think that is materially more successful, then you have a warped definition of success.

The Hornets have won 3 playoff games since the process started. The 76ers have won 5 playoff games since the process started. So again, farts in the wind. If you think that is materially more successful, then you have a warped definition of success.

Care to answer my first question?

What's warped is to think a team that is treading water just to make the playoffs is as successful as one that is competing for the championship and will be for years to come. No one with brain in the head would take where the Hornets are over where the Sixers are.

Making matters worse is that the Hornets could lose their best player and the Sixers are attracting all stars. Remind me again when was the last time anyone chose to be a max player and play in Charlotte? Did it happen this millennium?

The Sixers went from starting team of:

Embiid
Simmons
Butler
Chandler
JJ

To:

Embiid
Simmons
Butler
Harris
JJ

Big upgrade

BENCH:

Muscala
TJ
Shamet
Korkmaz
Bolden

TO:

TJ
Boban
Scott
Ennis
Scott
Simmons

Much, much better.

The biggest problem will be getting so many new guys on the same page.

If they add Ellington or another shooter, their depth will have gone from almost nothing to very deep.

Don't disagree with this. Think it's basically a three horse race. Boston didn't get better and they've taken a serious step back this year. The Bucks are murdering people right now and they got better at the deadline. They'd be my betting favorites.

Sixers just finished a pretty brutal 12 game stretch where they beat the Wolves, Pacers, Rockets, Spurs, Warriors, and Lakers (and Knicks) and dropped games to the Nuggets, Kings, Hawks, Wizards, and Thunder. They played up to good competition and lost to worse teams while Redick and Chandler sat. The rest of their schedule is a return back East where I expect they'll start really beating up the bottom half of the league and start putting full squads up against the contenders. Last year the team was .500 going into January and ended up teh 3 seed and made a nice run to the conference finals. I suspect they'll have a nice run in and finish somewhere from 2-4 and playoffs are playoffs.
The Sixers didn’t make the conference finals last year. Know your program! Sixers got completely neutered by the depleted Cs.

I still don’t believe in Ben Simmons in the playoffs, but he may not even have to be good with their roster now.

Back