Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Enes Kanter, Terrorist (League Pass Free til Sunday)

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazdadeac View Post
    I think Morey is just proving a point... that Thibs isn't serious about trading Butler for anything. The leverage that those 4-first round picks could give the Wolves' would normally be a no-brainer. Thibs is going to look like more of a clown, if he turns this down.
    Those picks are likely to be very low. It's unlikely they would get much more than filler players at that point.

It would be different if was a deal that had this year's Houston pick along with a pick from lottery team and the same thing happening in another year.

But this is a crap deal.

Plus it was an impossible deal. The Rox can't take on 90% of Jimmy's $20M when they are already over $30M above the cap. Morey just liked seeing and hearing his name. This was ALWAYS a non-deal.

How the fuck could one team have Harden, Paul, Butler, Gordon, and Capela on their current deals from a cap standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    How the fuck could one team have Harden, Paul, Butler, Gordon, and Capela on their current deals from a cap standpoint?
    They could trade Brandon Knight (when it's legal) and Nene and get Butler.

But it would be impossible to acquire Butler without trading salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazdadeac View Post
    I think Morey is just proving a point... that Thibs isn't serious about trading Butler for anything. The leverage that those 4-first round picks could give the Wolves' would normally be a no-brainer. Thibs is going to look like more of a clown, if he turns this down.
    Maybe, but I don't think it's that dumb to try to keep Butler. Butler-KAT-one more piece could definitely be a #contender once the Warriors split up.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    They could trade Brandon Knight (when it's legal) and Nene and get Butler.

But it would be impossible to acquire Butler without trading salaries.
    I think thatís an implied part of the deal. No reporting Iíve seen has it as 4 firsts and nothing else. As you point out that would be a non-starter from a cap standpoint.

And I wouldnít be so sure that the picks in 2024 and 2026 (and maybe even 2022) are going to be late first round. In fact Iíd bet on the opposite.

Hoopshype is now reporting that it's "two injured players and four first round picks". Knight would have to be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Hoopshype is now reporting that it's "two injured players and four first round picks". Knight would have to be one of them.
    Yeah I imagine they are trying to just flip Knight and Chriss and four firsts for Butler. Thatís a good deal for the Wolves. Maybe not the best they can get, but I think that situation goes south fast if they donít make some deal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Because they'll all land in the mid-late 20s, so it's really just a meh offer?
    Houston should throw in Melo if they want a shot at winning now.

Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    Houston should throw in Melo if they want a shot at winning now.
    Exactly. Melo is a team killer. Baffled when OKC acquired him; even more baffled when Houston acquired him. Morey's rep as an elite NBA GM took a major hit after that move. Not always, but sometimes it must be easier to see things from 10,000 feet than up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Exactly. Melo is a team killer. Baffled when OKC acquired him; even more baffled when Houston acquired him. Morey's rep as an elite NBA GM took a major hit after that move. Not always, but sometimes it must be easier to see things from 10,000 feet than up close.
    Yep. At his best, Melo sucked at everything but padding his stats. Now, forget it.

He must be a fun guy to hang out with since players still want him on the team. Baffling to me. I would do anything to keep him and Howard off my team unless I was planning to tank the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Maybe, but I don't think it's that dumb to try to keep Butler. Butler-KAT-one more piece could definitely be a #contender once the Warriors split up.
    what are the chances that KAT and butler get along after this and butler wants to re-sign in minnesota? 2%????

dumb as shit not to take the picks if you're minnesota

once again everyone from the 2008 celtics team not named garnett, pierce or ray allen is proving to be a top tier donk

the anti-melo hot takes are as owg as it gets

What does he do well now? His numbers were terrible the last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    lol melo is way more hated by the new NBA stat types

Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    Every team he goes to gets worse. You could be a GM for the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by tintinisahottie View Post
    lol melo is way more hated by the new NBA stat types
    And by people who like their teams to win rather than lose. If you want a high volume shooter on a 30 win team, Melo is your guy.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Entire article on Houstonís shitty defense on ESPN.com and not one mention of Bz. That makes me happy.

Melo is clearly a big part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Entire article on Houstonís shitty defense on ESPN.com and not one mention of Bz. That makes me happy.

Melo is clearly a big part of the problem.
    Gotta link?

Robert O'Kelley
    Minnesota has to do something next week. They sucked so bad last night on D.

It pains me to see Kawhi playing just like Kawhi two years ago. I just don't get what happened. At all. But damn he looks good.
    le bone

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    Gotta link?
    It was on the front page of the mobile app... Didnít know how to link to it.

Headline said one thing, but when you clicked on it, it said something else. Like CP3 said something.