Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Enes Kanter, Terrorist (League Pass Free til Sunday)

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...hanges-defense

This updated version of the story contains a line about Bz. Oh well.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    For all the bad luck, the Spurs have had in the last year, at least they got two wins against the short handed Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...hanges-defense

This updated version of the story contains a line about Bz. Oh well.
    Thanks. This team needs to move Melo if they can find any takers.

Really baffling that in the NBA BZ is considered a defensive Guru but his college teams were awful on defense.

Maybe Lebron can get him a spot on Luke’s staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Lue has been fired.
    I know they said that Larry Drew is interim, but why wouldn't they immediately can him and go with Pitino since he apparently retained Rosenhaus to find him an NBA job? From a basketball standpoint they aren't going to get better than Pitino, and Pitino pretty much has to take it if he wants to break back into the NBA. Plus, JR Smith and Larry Nance would probably welcome the chance to help bring a whorehouse to The Land.

Apparently Drew turned down the interim title.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Our Drew or Larry Drew?

Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    I know they said that Larry Drew is interim, but why wouldn't they immediately can him and go with Pitino since he apparently retained Rosenhaus to find him an NBA job? From a basketball standpoint they aren't going to get better than Pitino, and Pitino pretty much has to take it if he wants to break back into the NBA. Plus, JR Smith and Larry Nance would probably welcome the chance to help bring a whorehouse to The Land.
    90s Pitino isn't walking through that door and even if he was, I don't know if an NBA team would want him.

Rusty Larue
    Jimmy Butler hits a huge three and the rest of the guys on the court just stared at him. Happy team!

He actually thought that he had enough leverage to get a multi-year contract?! Did he think people just forgot about that whole Milwaukee disaster?

Maybe you think you’re doing okay when going up against the warriors and you can get Steph Curry to take only 4 threes. Ah, well, never mind, Klay Thompson will just take over, breaking Steph’s record for threes while dropping 52 on you.

Those guys’ plan is probably just to pass that record back and forth while laughing their way to another ‘ship.

Eskimo Splash Bros.

GSW has played 8 games this year, and both Curry and Klay have 50+ point games. Between 1996 and 2014, no NBA team had two or more teammates with 50+ point games in the same season.

Geez. And it's possible Durant has a 50 point game. He's had 5 in his career. Cousins has had 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M. Pirsig View Post
    fear the deer, bitches.
    Could this be another dump Geoff Fisher and let the talent flourish under a good coach situation? If the Bucks are dominant this year, says a lot about Jason Kidd.

A Mark Jackson situation, perhaps.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    I hope the next time the Rox play the Thunder Steven Adams sets a pick and breaks Patrick Beverly's jaw and steps on his body and breaks a couple of ribs. Beverly is the dirtiest player in the NBA in at least the past quarter century.

Westbrook is far from my favorite player. But Beverly's cheap shot that took him out of the playoffs should have resulted in at least a 20 game suspension. Beverly tried the same thing last year on a TO call by Westbrook. The dive directly at Westbrook's knees the other night was intentional, egregious and should have resulted in at least month-long suspension. Beverly isn't a first time offender.

Silver needs to do something.

I don't mind tough plays. I don't mind a little blood during the game. But I can't stand people who try injure others. I can't stand anyone who repeatedly goes for an opponent's knees.

I would shed a single tear if someone took out Beverly's knee and ended his career. He's been trying to it to others for years, and karma is a bitch (mad dog).

In case you are wondering, FUCK PATRICK BEVERLY!!!!!!