Page 14 of 192 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    That Chris Paul contract ain't looking too hot. Can't remember him shooting this bad for this long before.
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    So they begged [name redacted] to come back and they're ditching Melo.

This confirms Melo is a loser and losing follows him every team he goes to. Syracuse will be his only title, because he is not a winner in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    This confirms Melo is a loser and losing follows him every team he goes to. Syracuse will be his only title, because he is not a winner in the NBA.
    CP3 and his terrible contract is the main reason the Rockets aren't very good right now.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Gerry McNamara hitting all those threes had as much to do with winning as Melo did.

Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Steph Curry is good at shooting the basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    CP3 and his terrible contract is the main reason the Rockets aren't very good right now.
    Nah, itís Melo. They are much, much better with off the court vs. on. 15.4 pts per 100 possessions better is the number I read
    Last edited by deac29; 11-11-2018 at 09:48 PM.

You know there's a problem with melo when cp3 signed off on dumping him.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Gerry McNamara hitting all those threes had as much to do with winning as Melo did.
    Dude.

Really?

I mean, I donít like Melo, but thatís just ridiculous.

this houston story is weird. Any guesses as to what DWade is alluding to?

Quote Originally Posted by deac29 View Post
    Nah, itís Melo. They are much, much better with off the court vs. on. 15.4 pts per 100 possessions better is the number I read
    Itís really losing Ariza. They need a defensive wing.

Ariza's shooting 37%/34% and is 33 years old. Maybe he hurts some this year, but it woulda been dumb to pay him $15 mil per.

Broderick Hicks
    Melo sucks at NBA, but very good as a stretch 4 for Team USA.

Maybe he should go to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Dude.

Really?

I mean, I donít like Melo, but thatís just ridiculous.
    McNamara hit a bunch of big threes. I think Melo had 20 vs. 18. Melo definitely had more boards and assists. If there was a 1A it was McNamara.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    McNamara hit a bunch of big threes. I think Melo had 20 vs. 18. Melo definitely had more boards and assists. If there was a 1A it was McNamara.
    Oh, you were talking about one game.

Because Melo was, by far, the best player in the NCAA that entire season as a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by Complacent Deac View Post
    Melo sucks at NBA, but very good as a stretch 4 for Team USA.

Maybe he should go to Europe.
    Melo should go to Europe. They like shooters over there. I don't know if rebounding or defense is emphasized in Europe. If not, Melo would be perfect.

From Haberstroh's article on Curry:

This season, per Basketball-Reference tracking, Curry has taken 25 3-pointers from this area and made a jaw-dropping 16 of them. Thatís a conversion rate of 64 percent -- on shots near the halfcourt logo.

Brooks calls them layups. But if you do the math, theyíre more like dunks. The bonus point within a 3-pointer means that on these deep 3s, Curry is averaging 1.92 points per attempt this season. Dunk attempts are averaging 1.82 points this season, according to Basketball-Reference.com tracking.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...michael-jordan

So Steph Curry is averaging more points per shot on 25 foot+ shots than the league is averaging on dunks.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by deac29 View Post
    From Haberstroh's article on Curry:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...michael-jordan

So Steph Curry is averaging more points per shot on 25 foot+ shots than the league is averaging on dunks.

ďFoul the sh-- out of him,Ē Beal said. ďAnd even when we did that, he was still making them. So, I donít know.Ē

Beal then closed his eyes, raised his eyebrows and turned his head as if someone just asked him to explain the physics of gravity.

óóó
    Heís a career 90.4% FT shooter so fouling the shit out of him before he takes a 28 footer is only a slight improvement assuming heís not in the act of shooting.

Think ATS was talking more than just the final game, but the entire 2003 tourney run. In the 2003 tourney, Melo averaged 20+ points and 10 rebounds a game in the tournament, including an epic 33 point/14 rebound game in a win over #1 seed Texas in the National Semis. McNamara averaged 11 points a game in the tourney. Melo was the MVP of the East region and MVP of the Final 4. McNamara did not make the all region team, but was named to the all Final 4 team. McNamara had a good final game, but even Gerry McNamara's parents would admit that Melo was the best player and the reason why Cuse won the Natty in 2003.

With that said, Melo is awful now. OKC is better that Melo is gone. Houston will be better once Melo leaves. Dude is an anchor who will take his team to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Oh, you were talking about one game.

Because Melo was, by far, the best player in the NCAA that entire season as a freshman.
    Yep, just the championship game.