Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1304

Thread: Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread: Lakers RIP

  1. #381
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    98,457
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybone View Post
    2nd round picks who I believe made at least one NBA all-star game:

    Carlos Boozer
    Antonio Davis
    Cliff Robinson
    Rashard Lewis
    Manu
    Michael Redd
    Gilbert Arenas
    Marc Gasol
    Paul Milsap
    The Joker (did not know he was a 2nd round pick, wow)
    Goran Dragic
    DeAndre Jordan
    Draymond Green
    Hassan Whiteside
    Isiah Thomas (the ex-Celtic one)

    Also:

    Danny Green
    Khris Middleton
    Matt Barnes
    Cedric Ceballalos
    PJ Brown
    Matt Geiger
    Nick Van Excel
    Byron Russell
    Eric Snow
    Stephen Jackson
    Cuttino Mobley
    PJ Tucker
    Trevor Ariza
    Thatís a testament to how good NBA GMs are overall. Thatís a lot of good players but not THAT many over a 30 year period. None of those are sure fire HOF players based solely on their NBA careers. Most were very reliable 3rd or 4th options for good teams or a top player on a solid team.

  2. #382
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    7,573
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Thatís a testament to how good NBA GMs are overall. Thatís a lot of good players but not THAT many over a 30 year period. None of those are sure fire HOF players based solely on their NBA careers. Most were very reliable 3rd or 4th options for good teams or a top player on a solid team.
    Manu is a HOF based on his NBA career, I think. The Joker is on his way - if he stays healthy. Dray Green if he doesn't implode.
    le bone

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    One could make the argument that there's not a single player in the NBA more damaging to team chemistry than Austin Rivers.

  4. #384
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    98,457
    12 games completed so far and every team has scored 100 points.

    Not sure how often it happens but seems unusual for an almost full slate of games.

  5. #385
    A Young Go-Hard
    myDeaconmyhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    26,171
    Markelle Fultz wants a trade. What a shit show.
    Draxx them sklounst

  6. #386
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    98,457
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    12 games completed so far and every team has scored 100 points.

    Not sure how often it happens but seems unusual for an almost full slate of games.
    And it looks like the bid for 13 games in which both teams scored 100 may be ruined by...the Warriors?

  7. #387
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    43,513
    Anyone have the Memphis Grizzlies leading the West a quarter of the way through the season?

    Plus, lol, the conference is 14 teams deep.
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  8. #388
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    98,457
    And the 15th team beat the Grizzlies.

  9. #389
    Vince Carter scored his 25,000th point last night, and it could not have been more representative of his career. He dunked it, at the 4th quarter buzzer in a pretty exciting fashion, and it helped his team lose by 16 instead of 18 points.

  10. #390
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    64,296
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Markelle Fultz wants a trade. What a shit show.
    According to his agent this didn't happen.

  11. #391

    Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Rockets: "Welcome [redacted]! Bye Melo."

    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    According to his agent this didn't happen.
    What a shitshow.

    Who you choose to surround yourself with matters a lot more than folks realize.
    We're going to be good again.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Vince Carter scored his 25,000th point last night, and it could not have been more representative of his career. He dunked it, at the 4th quarter buzzer in a pretty exciting fashion, and it helped his team lose by 16 instead of 18 points.
    I love this post. IMO, Vince Carter is the most overrated player in nba history

  13. #393
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    98,457
    Heís this generationís version of Dominque Wilkins. I think both are properly rated as all time great dunkers perhaps the top two of all time and great scorers but not all time great players.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    I love this post. IMO, Vince Carter is the most overrated player in nba history
    hella easy to score 25k points and play professionally into your 40s amirite
    We're going to be good again.

  15. #395
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    98,457
    He definitely gets credit for longevity.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    He definitely gets credit for longevity.
    these dudes calling Vince Carter overrated lol
    We're going to be good again.

  17. #397

  18. #398
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Big Lick, NC
    Posts
    3,231
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Heís this generationís version of Dominque Wilkins. I think both are properly rated as all time great dunkers perhaps the top two of all time and great scorers but not all time great players.
    Nique went head to head against Bird and some ridiculously great Celtic teams in the playoffs. Way better than Vince,

    Iíd compare Vince more to Tom Chambers.

  19. #399
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Complacent Deac View Post
    Iíd compare Vince more to Tom Chambers.

  20. #400
    Iíd compare Vince to Carmelo Anthony. Great scorer , sucks at everything else, terrible teammate, complete lack of leadership, complete and utter failure at winning playoff basketball games.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •