Page 9 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 2914

Thread: Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

  1. #161
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    6,787
    Watched the highlights of Wizards/Warriors on ESPN this morning. Steph Curry is the best shooter. Ever. Absolutely unstoppable.

  2. #162
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    43,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Watched the highlights of Wizards/Warriors on ESPN this morning. Steph Curry is the best shooter. Ever. Absolutely unstoppable.
    Yup, that's what I was responding to as well. Just silly.
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  3. #163
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    Yup, that's what I was responding to as well. Just silly.
    His quick release and his range are ridiculous. And his ability to hit contested shots might be the best ever as well.

  4. #164
    Four 1sts for Jimmy? Geez.

  5. #165
    Ishmael Smith CDeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlottesville, vA
    Posts
    6,301
    Why wouldnít Minnesota take that?

  6. #166
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    65,791
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    Four 1sts for Jimmy? Geez.
    Who offered that?

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Who offered that?
    Houston

  8. #168
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    7,851
    Rockets red glare. In theory, those are four late 1st rounders ... It essentially throws this season in the bin. I think Minnesota should be holding out for a player - say a Tashean Prince type, but at SG. Think Jonathan Simmons ... so that this year is not a total bust
    le bone

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    Why wouldnít Minnesota take that?
    Because they'll all land in the mid-late 20s, so it's really just a meh offer?

  10. #170
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    43,956
    Think Houston leaked that cause Thibs was saying no and they wanted the owner to step in and take it, or Minny leaked it to drive up the price?
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  11. #171
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    65,791
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacinBama View Post
    Houston
    WTF?? How can Houston make a trade without equaling Butler's salary? They are more than $20M over the cap.

  12. #172
    THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    43,956
    Paul/Harden/Butler/Tucker or Gordon/Capela would be pretty sweet
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    Paul/Harden/Butler/Tucker or Gordon/Capela would be pretty sweet
    And Melo still gets up 13 shots a game

  14. #174
    Ishmael Smith CDeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Charlottesville, vA
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Because they'll all land in the mid-late 20s, so it's really just a meh offer?
    From what Iím seeing they would have to be stretched out over several years and by the end who knows how good Houston would be, particularly since this seems like a win now move knowing the window is maybe two years

  15. #175
    Celtics absolutely stink right now. Dudes got way too full of themselves reading their press clippings.

  16. #176
    Rusty Larue

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem thru 2020
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    From what Iím seeing they would have to be stretched out over several years and by the end who knows how good Houston would be, particularly since this seems like a win now move knowing the window is maybe two years
    It would have to be 20, 22, 24, 26 if Iím not mistaken. And Iím assuming Knight will have to be part of the deal to make the salaries work, which canít happen until the 31st.

  17. #177
    Rusty Larue

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem thru 2020
    Posts
    10,970
    Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    Think Houston leaked that cause Thibs was saying no and they wanted the owner to step in and take it, or Minny leaked it to drive up the price?
    That would be my guess. Itís going to be hard for Minnesota to justify not moving Butler (in Butlerís eyes at least) with that kind of offer on the table.

  18. #178

    Official 2018 NBA Season Thread: Steph Curry is good at shooting the basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Celtics absolutely stink right now. Dudes got way too full of themselves reading their press clippings.
    LOL

    The only fans that approach dook and UNC-levels of genuine, irredeemable awfulness are Boston sports fans. All of them.
    We're going to be good again.

  19. #179
    I think Morey is just proving a point... that Thibs isn't serious about trading Butler for anything. The leverage that those 4-first round picks could give the Wolves' would normally be a no-brainer. Thibs is going to look like more of a clown, if he turns this down.

  20. #180
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    65,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazdadeac View Post
    I think Morey is just proving a point... that Thibs isn't serious about trading Butler for anything. The leverage that those 4-first round picks could give the Wolves' would normally be a no-brainer. Thibs is going to look like more of a clown, if he turns this down.
    Those picks are likely to be very low. It's unlikely they would get much more than filler players at that point.

    It would be different if was a deal that had this year's Houston pick along with a pick from lottery team and the same thing happening in another year.

    But this is a crap deal.

    Plus it was an impossible deal. The Rox can't take on 90% of Jimmy's $20M when they are already over $30M above the cap. Morey just liked seeing and hearing his name. This was ALWAYS a non-deal.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •