• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Zion ineligible at Duke this year?

What will happen

• Zion will miss the season and K will suddenly become sick and let Nate James take the reigns

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Zion will be eligible all season and lead Duke to the Final 4

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • The NCAA will make Jaylen Hoard ineligible instead of Zion because no blue bloods can be punished

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Zion will transfer to UNC and major in Afro-American studies

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
The NCAA will give Zion's stepdad $1M and apologize to K for doubting his integrity.

Zion eligible - Coach K has a complete spaz out moment at some point during the season - Duke flames out before the Final 4.

I heard first hand accounts from recruits between 06-08 of Duke offering improper Benefits to recruits, coach K is such a con man.

I heard first hand accounts from recruits between 06-08 of Duke offering improper Benefits to recruits, coach K is such a con man.

Come on, now. We know K does not do that. That's what Nike is for.

Why does Wake Forest stay a Nike school? Nike filters athletes to Duke and UNC over Wake, and in general doesn't hook Wake Forest up with as much gear to sell as the other North Carolina schools. I'd be interested in what Under Armour can offer Wake to make all its teams and gear change to them.

We may be a small school but we don't need to settle for bad shoe company deals (not that I know the monetary value of the current contract compared to what Adidas or Under Armour can offer). Still, I bet Ron Wellman isn't savy enough to shop for the best shoe company deal anyway. He really sucks donkey ass as an AD and hangs his hat on small victories hoping others will overlook his massive shortcomings.

All these schools getting not only bigger contracts and more gear, but also under the table money and recruit funneling over these past years. Meanwhile, Wake Forest loses a large portion of its fanbase because the Athletic Department is subpar at everything except occasionally excelling in non-revenue sports.

Everyone knows the BOT negotiates those contracts. take it up with them.

That Sysracue AD hire was pretty ... unique. His background was as an ESPN executive. Syracuse is not really that concerned with the academic side of athletics.

We've offered Christian Lorng, Mike Wynn, and Joe Bilau recently. Not exactly sitting on our high horse academically. Also, I spoke to Bryant Crawford once while he was here, and not the brightest bulb in the socket.

Wish him well but glad BC is gone. I have friend who claims BC had the uncanny skill to keep both teams in the game. I agree.

We've offered Christian Lorng, Mike Wynn, and Joe Bilau recently. Not exactly sitting on our high horse academically. Also, I spoke to Bryant Crawford once while he was here, and not the brightest bulb in the socket.

Watch out. I commented a few years ago that I wished BC was unavailable for interviews because even my mom watched an interview and commented that the way he talked was a very bad look for MSD. I got eviserated for that opinion.

Back