• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cuse @ Wake 12:00PM Kick-Off for Homecoming (as expected)

I was hoping for the deacon head helmets for homecoming.

Everybody is doing Mascot head helmets, I'd love to see thowbacks for a game. Either the flying WF logo of the late 70's to mid-80's or even the Piccolo era gold helmets.

If already noted sorry but just read on twitter that after the game Clawson went to the hospital to check on the health of the Syracuse kid who had the awful leg injury. Kid was very appreciative and took a selfie with Dave and sent it to Dino Babers. Babers made a point to thank Clawson publicly on both SU network and on ESPN radio for the gesture. Many SU fans noted Dave's 'class'.

Just spotted on ESPN....

http://scores.espn.com/college-foot...talized-syracuse-orange-player-tyrone-perkins

Last edited:
Not to be morbidly curious or anything, but what the hell happened to the kid?

The TV guys said " no nead to show you the replay of a gruesome injury "....so I'm guessing it was a dislocation. I believe it required surgery.

Seems like a pretty straightforward thing for a coach to do for opposing player who is still in his town’s hospital. In fact I would assume it was standard operating procedure. So I’m a little surprised it got attention. But then again most coaches probably don’t take the time to do something even as simple as that.

The TV guys said " no nead to show you the replay of a gruesome injury "....so I'm guessing it was a dislocation. I believe it required surgery.
Ok. I was at the game and couldn't see anything. I assumed it was a compound fracture or dislocated knee or something, but even that stuff doesn't put you in the ICU for three days does it? #notadoctor

Everybody is doing Mascot head helmets, I'd love to see thowbacks for a game. Either the flying WF logo of the late 70's to mid-80's or even the Piccolo era gold helmets.

The flying WF logo from Coach Dooley's time was pretty sweet because it didn't have all the stripes cluttering up the helmet.

Any explanation for why that happened, did Cade just have a brain fart and blurted out the wrong thing after the coin flip?

To clarify: Yes. Just a brain fart. Captains are told that at the coin flip, they should never say anything other than "defer" or "defend (and point to side that they want to start defending)".

To clarify: Yes. Just a brain fart. Captains are told that at the coin flip, they should never say anything other than "defer" or "defend (and point to side that they want to start defending)".

Thanks.

maybe the rules have changed - but if you say "defend", then you have made the choice, and the other team gets to choose to start the second half (and can take the ball again)

Team captain should have one thought uppermost: defer. Secondarily, a preferred direction.

To be fair, it can be slightly overwhelming or confusing if you're not totally focused when you're out there at coin toss.

To be fair, it can be slightly overwhelming or confusing if you're not totally focused when you're out there at coin toss.

It shouldn’t be if the only things you’ve got to remember is “defer” and we’ll defend this end zone. I love Cade, but that’s a bad mistake.

Well we won the toss and deferred, so lesson learned.

I am in no way proud of this performance today.

However, a little perspective is needed here. We played the #19 team in the nation. We have 3 games to 2 more wins. Two of those games are against 2 opponents who are in-state rivalries (no clue what can happen in in-state games) and the other opponent is our most possible win left on the schedule (Pitt).

You can give up on 2018, I guarantee you Clawson hasn't.

This.

Back