• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

McCann back where he belongs - enforcing unwritten rules and making sure people don't pimp homeruns against the Braves.

Donaldson signing should be interesting in a high risk, high reward kind of way.

Also, supposedly Patrick Corbin has at least one big deal on the table, he was looking for Darvish money (6/$125) - from the tweeters I read, looks like most speculate is was either Phillies the Yankees or both.

Jeff Passan saying the Mariners are getting close to dealing Cano & Diaz to the Mets. Would be such a mets thing to do.

Also, supposedly Patrick Corbin has at least one big deal on the table, he was looking for Darvish money (6/$125) - from the tweeters I read, looks like most speculate is was either Phillies the Yankees or both.

Yankees are meeting with Corbin today

Jeff Passan saying the Mariners are getting close to dealing Cano & Diaz to the Mets. Would be such a mets thing to do.

Sounding like this is about to close - Diaz/Cano & $60 mil or so for Jay Bruce / Anthony Swarzak & 2 prospects. Cano is 36 and has 5/$120 left, Bruce is 2/$26 left, Swarzak 1//$8.

I don’t get this from the Mets perspective. That Cano contract is awful, and while Diaz is great, it’s not like they are a bullpen piece away from contending.

As to Corbin, I’d be very surprised if the Phillies go 6 years. They generally don’t go that many years for pitchers (under the current regime). They may overpay in dollars on a 3-4 year deal, but I doubt they go 6 years. They may try to make a move for Greinke, given that the D-Backs are apparently trying to offload his contract.

Cano and Diaz add a few more wins to a 77 win team - if you think they underperformed last year, that puts them only a few games back in the East. I dunno, I think it would now make no sense to trade syndergaard - but that is still be circulating too.

I guess in a perfect Seattle world, Crawford becomes Segura and is significantly cheaper but shouldn't taking back Santana increase their reported return?

I guess in a perfect Seattle world, Crawford becomes Segura and is significantly cheaper but shouldn't taking back Santana increase their reported return?

Segura is signed pretty long term for big$ ($60 million). Santana's contract is part of the money match required for the trade.

Segura is signed pretty long term for big$ ($60 million). Santana's contract is part of the money match required for the trade.

Segura's contract is extremely favorable to a team with money to spend. Plus his power numbers would likely match his AZ days given the ballpark. I'd bet the Phillies still eat most of Santana's contract.

I'd be surprised if Machado signs in Philly now, given his stated preference to play SS.

Segura's contract is extremely favorable to a team with money to spend. Plus his power numbers would likely match his AZ days given the ballpark. I'd bet the Phillies still eat most of Santana's contract.

I'd be surprised if Machado signs in Philly now, given his stated preference to play SS.

Agreed - read somewhere they are now much more interested in Harper and/or Corbin.

Machado will take the biggest deal on the table regardless of position.

Machado will take the biggest deal on the table regardless of position.

Manny is pretty good as a shortstop. He can be excellent/elite at third. Enough $$$ on the table and he will find third base acceptable.

Back