Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Braves are signing McCann.
    Are they also bringing back Andruw Jones and Julio Franco?

McCann back where he belongs - enforcing unwritten rules and making sure people don't pimp homeruns against the Braves.

Donaldson signing should be interesting in a high risk, high reward kind of way.

Dickie Hemric
    This would be boring.

Dickie Hemric
    Also, supposedly Patrick Corbin has at least one big deal on the table, he was looking for Darvish money (6/$125) - from the tweeters I read, looks like most speculate is was either Phillies the Yankees or both.

Dickie Hemric
    Jeff Passan saying the Mariners are getting close to dealing Cano & Diaz to the Mets. Would be such a mets thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    Also, supposedly Patrick Corbin has at least one big deal on the table, he was looking for Darvish money (6/$125) - from the tweeters I read, looks like most speculate is was either Phillies the Yankees or both.
    Yankees are meeting with Corbin today

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    Jeff Passan saying the Mariners are getting close to dealing Cano & Diaz to the Mets. Would be such a mets thing to do.
    Sounding like this is about to close - Diaz/Cano & $60 mil or so for Jay Bruce / Anthony Swarzak & 2 prospects. Cano is 36 and has 5/$120 left, Bruce is 2/$26 left, Swarzak 1//$8.

I donít get this from the Mets perspective. That Cano contract is awful, and while Diaz is great, itís not like they are a bullpen piece away from contending.

As to Corbin, Iíd be very surprised if the Phillies go 6 years. They generally donít go that many years for pitchers (under the current regime). They may overpay in dollars on a 3-4 year deal, but I doubt they go 6 years. They may try to make a move for Greinke, given that the D-Backs are apparently trying to offload his contract.

Dickie Hemric
    Cano and Diaz add a few more wins to a 77 win team - if you think they underperformed last year, that puts them only a few games back in the East. I dunno, I think it would now make no sense to trade syndergaard - but that is still be circulating too.

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...infield-source

Phillies looking at both Machado and Jean Segura.
    Looks like deal for Segura almost done. JP Crawford going back, saw someone say Carloa Ssntana too, that would be a steal to get Segura and unload the slamtana contract.

I guess in a perfect Seattle world, Crawford becomes Segura and is significantly cheaper but shouldn't taking back Santana increase their reported return?

Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    I guess in a perfect Seattle world, Crawford becomes Segura and is significantly cheaper but shouldn't taking back Santana increase their reported return?
    Segura is signed pretty long term for big$ ($60 million). Santana's contract is part of the money match required for the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Segura is signed pretty long term for big$ ($60 million). Santana's contract is part of the money match required for the trade.
    Segura's contract is extremely favorable to a team with money to spend. Plus his power numbers would likely match his AZ days given the ballpark. I'd bet the Phillies still eat most of Santana's contract.

I'd be surprised if Machado signs in Philly now, given his stated preference to play SS.

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    Segura's contract is extremely favorable to a team with money to spend. Plus his power numbers would likely match his AZ days given the ballpark. I'd bet the Phillies still eat most of Santana's contract.

I'd be surprised if Machado signs in Philly now, given his stated preference to play SS.
    Agreed - read somewhere they are now much more interested in Harper and/or Corbin.

Machado will take the biggest deal on the table regardless of position.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    Machado will take the biggest deal on the table regardless of position.
    Manny is pretty good as a shortstop. He can be excellent/elite at third. Enough $$$ on the table and he will find third base acceptable.

Mariners next in line to tank.