• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Olney claiming that Manny will sign before Christmas now that he's visited with the Yankees. Cashman is a "lightning strike" GM who moves quickly.

A scorching hot take!

Seems like FAs are treating the Phillies like they are offering confederate money.

Seems like FAs are treating the Phillies like they are offering confederate money.

Weird take since none of their targets except Corbin have signed elsewhere. And they were never going to go 6 years for Corbin.

Word was that the Phillies are offering Machado more than the Yankees, but Machado wants to go to NY.

Maybe that is wrong and Machado lands in Philly.

Word was that the Phillies are offering Machado more than the Yankees, but Machado wants to go to NY.

Maybe that is wrong and Machado lands in Philly.

Corbin wanted to go to the Yankees too, until the Nats offered him 6 years.

OK, the Phils off-season is going as scripted, and Andrew McCutchen and his 3 year $50 million contract will lead them to a W-S title.

Last edited:
OK, the Phils off-season is going as scripted, and Andrew McCutchen and his 3 year $50 million contract will lead them to a W-S title.

I'm glad you know what their script was. Please share it with me, so I can be mad at them for all of the targets they missed out on.

Weird take since none of their targets except Corbin have signed elsewhere. And they were never going to go 6 years for Corbin.

I can't believe you are forgetting JA Happ!

Nats sign Anibal Sanchez. He had a good bounce back year for the Braves, but his stuff is mediocre at this point in his career.

Leaves Dallas Keuchel as the highest rated remaining starter pitcher. After that, the options look meager:

Gio Gonzalez
Wade Miley
Derek Holland
Clay Bucholz

Last edited:
Rockies sign a giant defensive black hole for the right side of their infield at 2/$24. I think he is going to be playing first, which, I guess is slightly better?

If Murphy is healthy, he is going to put up some impressive numbers in Colorado.

A's get Profar is a three team deal with Rangers and Devil Rays. Only name I recognize is Cubs farmhand Rollie Lacy that went to the Rangers in the Hamels deal who is going to the rays.

A's get Profar is a three team deal with Rangers and Devil Rays. Only name I recognize is Cubs farmhand Rollie Lacy that went to the Rangers in the Hamels deal who is going to the rays.

Ya don’t understand Rangers end of this. Seems like they could have gotten more or played him at 3rd

My "source" is saying Trout to Philly!! We give Hoskins, Hernandez & three top prospects.... It would be a Christmas Miracle!

My "source" is saying Trout to Philly!! We give Hoskins, Hernandez & three top prospects.... It would be a Christmas Miracle!

That would be a surprise. Does it mean Phillies have given up on Machado and Harper?

They are saying the Dodgers trade is all about getting Harper. Getting Harper, Seager returning and getting rid of Puig and Kemp makes the Dodgers even more lefty loaded in hitting.

I agree w/RJ. Dodgers are most definitely getting Harper. Still waiting on my Phillies news to break, but my "source" is about as reliable as Josh Gordon...

I agree w/RJ. Dodgers are most definitely getting Harper. Still waiting on my Phillies news to break, but my "source" is about as reliable as Josh Gordon...

I bet Josh Gordon is very, very reliable...if you are looking for weed.

Weird. My source is telling me that Trout is headed to the Eagles to play tight end for his boy Carson Wentz next year.

Back