• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

JA Happ re-ups with the Yankees. Three year deal.

Not many quality starters left:

- Dallas Keuchel
- Charlie Morton
- Lance Lynn

After that you are left a lot of guys in their mid-thirties that have been spotty (Anibal Sanchez, Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley).

JA Happ re-ups with the Yankees. Three year deal.

Not many quality starters left:

- Dallas Keuchel
- Charlie Morton
- Lance Lynn

After that you are left a lot of guys in their mid-thirties that have been spotty (Anibal Sanchez, Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill, Wade Miley).

You forgot Bartolo!

Best arms to be had will happen via trade. With Happ and Corbin gone, you might see the Phillies make a panic move for someone like Bumgarner. Also this:

So now that I've thought about it a few minutes, I do not think this precludes the Phillies from signing Harper. I still think they prefer Machado over Harper, but they could put Cutch in LF, Harper in RF, and Odubel/Quinn in CF, and move Williams and/or Altherr. They could even move Odubel, but I don't think you can rely on Quinn being healthy enough to play everyday, and don't think you want to play Harper in CF more than a handful of time per year.

The phrase "addition by subtraction" was invented with Odubel Herrera in mind.

The phrase "addition by subtraction" was invented with Odubel Herrera in mind.

He had a down year last year (mostly babip driven), but the three prior years his fWAR was 3.8, 3.8, 2.9. Those guys don’t grow on trees

Dodgers get Joe Kelly.

Lots of talk at winter meetings of Harper to Dodgers with them unloading Puig, Kemp, Bellinger, & Alex Wood to make room.

Glad the Cards got Goldschmidt in a trade with Arizona. Needed a great 1B who has been an all star, can put Carpenter back at 3B where he is comfortable and only gave up Kelly, a poor hitting backup catcher and Weaver, basically a minor league pitcher without a major league curve ball. Now hopeful to sign Goldie for several seasons to lock him up!

Glad the Cards got Goldschmidt in a trade with Arizona. Needed a great 1B who has been an all star, can put Carpenter back at 3B where he is comfortable and only gave up Kelly, a poor hitting backup catcher and Weaver, basically a minor league pitcher without a major league curve ball. Now hopeful to sign Goldie for several seasons to lock him up!

Comfortable? Hasn't played 3B since 2015 and was bad at it then.

Dodgers get Joe Kelly.

Lots of talk at winter meetings of Harper to Dodgers with them unloading Puig, Kemp, Bellinger, & Alex Wood to make room.

I read the holdup on them getting Realmuto is they won't include Bellinger for him.

Wouldn't mind the Cubs making a run at Puig if they really don't have any money.

Bellinger is a nice player. He could be a lot better if he cut down his swing. but it's much harder to find an All Star catcher than an All Star 1B/OF. The Dodgers also need RH hitters to balance their line-up.

Phillies could comfortably add 80-90 million this offseason, factoring in projected arb numbers. Cutch + Segura - Santana adds about ~$5-10 million, so they can still still add Machado/Harper, an elite reliever, and a starter.

They could miss on both Harper and Machado, but I doubt it will because of lack of interest or being outbid.

Cutchs contract is crazy backloaded with only $10 mil in 2019 of a 3/$50 - guessing that means you are more right than I was about what they can still do.

Santana moved from Mariners back to the Indians, Indians send Yandy Diaz to the Rays, Rays send Jake Bauers to the Indians and Edwin Encarnacion goes to Mariners.

Santana moved from Mariners back to the Indians, Indians send Yandy Diaz to the Rays, Rays send Jake Bauers to the Indians and Edwin Encarnacion goes to Mariners.

Encarnacion pissed, Santana thrilled. The stove! It's so hot!

Dipito finalized the trade from his hospital bed

And I doubt Encarnacion ever plays in a Ms uniform during the regular season.

Dale Murphy just wrote a piece for The Athletic advocating for teams to sign Bryce Harper. Must mean it's a done deal to the Barves. BARVES!!!! HARPER!!!! Clown questions all around!

Will Brian McCann try to beat up his own teammate for pimping a homer?

Olney claiming that Manny will sign before Christmas now that he's visited with the Yankees. Cashman is a "lightning strike" GM who moves quickly.

A scorching hot take!

Back