• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

I'm legit surprised that Snell won AL Cy. Not because he didn't deserve it, but because I assumed the writers would lean towards Verlander.

I was surprised. Jonah Keri thought he should come in fifth so I was scared that was the consensus.

Shouldn't Ebeneezer Scrooge be part of their logo? Or at least their mascot?

Nats sign Kurt Suzuki to a two year deal. Probably means that they are out on trying to trade for Realmuto.

Yankees acquire Paxton. I think he is overrated and always hurt.

Adrian Beltre officially retires.

Im so sad. One of my favorite Rangers

O's introduced their new GM yesterday, Mike Elias from the Astros. Young guy, big into international scouting and analytics (something the O's haven't really done). He was instrumental in the Correa pick and helped rebuild Houston. I'm cautiously optimistic about the future of the franchise. This hire was definitely a step in the right direction. The Angelos sons have appeared to take over the reins of ownership, so hopefully we will see less meddling in the future as well. Next big decision - a manager.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of...troduction-of-mike-elias-at-camden-yards.html

O's introduced their new GM yesterday, Mike Elias from the Astros. Young guy, big into international scouting and analytics (something the O's haven't really done). He was instrumental in the Correa pick and helped rebuild Houston. I'm cautiously optimistic about the future of the franchise. This hire was definitely a step in the right direction. The Angelos sons have appeared to take over the reins of ownership, so hopefully we will see less meddling in the future as well. Next big decision - a manager.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of...troduction-of-mike-elias-at-camden-yards.html

If Angelos sons do nothing more than hire a good GM, (which seems to have happened), pay decently or better, don't meddle, and keep poppa Angelos from meddling, the Orioles should improve.

Yankees acquire Paxton. I think he is overrated and always hurt.

I like the trade for the Yanks.

Also, Cards talking to Dbacks for Goldy - which would put Carp back at 3rd full time. That would be a pretty solid lineup for the Cards.

If Angelos sons do nothing more than hire a good GM, (which seems to have happened), pay decently or better, don't meddle, and keep poppa Angelos from meddling, the Orioles should improve.

Seems to be where they are heading with significant investment in areas of baseball operations that were previously neglected/ignored.

Its hard not to improve on the worst season in Orioles history.

Hard to argue with that.

I've heard for years that the Orioles farm system is light years behind most of MLB. From scouting, pregame work and horrible facilities which make is near impossible to develop consistent major league talent. Players get better when they leave the system like Arieta did.

I've heard for years that the Orioles farm system is light years behind most of MLB. From scouting, pregame work and horrible facilities which make is near impossible to develop consistent major league talent. Players get better when they leave the system like Arieta did.

The knock I usually hear is that they do not have a real international presence. Not sure I would agree with the inability to develop major league talent - their top talent the last few years has been pitchers, and thats generally a crapshoot - they haven't brought through many impact bats after Machado, but there have been some pieces here and there.

Running list so far is the Braves and Yankees are both definitely out on Harper. The Phillies are gonna spend stupid money. The Cubs dont have money. The Angels need to win now for Trout. The Mets are looking to trade Syndergaard for an MLB star and prospects. Goldy is on the block. Indians supposedly want to trade everybody. Mariners too.

Braves need a catcher and would have to sacrifice prospects or picks for Realmuto or Grandal. Ramos is an option too. Think they'll get one of McCutchen, Brantley, Peralta or similar player. I don't think they need to trade for a TOR starter but just have a hunch AA wants to. I would have been fine beating the package NY just gave up for Paxton and would be fine making a similar offer for Carasco. I don't want some Greinke/Peralta/Newcomb/Teheran mega swap. Braves need to sign a high leverage reliever and keep some money in reserve for deadline additions like rental TOR starter, BP ace, Arenado, etc.

Back