• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

That was nice of Mike to wait a bit and let Bryce have the largest contract for two weeks.

$430 million. Actually a great deal for both sides. They’re paying him $33.5m this year. Just over $35.8 for the 12 year AAV. Inflation, maybe a new tv deal (not sure LAA TV situation), a most likely a lot more revenue will make this a great deal.

Agree with this - seems lower than I would expect on an AAV, but thats great for Trout and the Angels. Hopefully they can find some pitching now, they still have 3 years left of the pujols deal, which sucks.

Yeah. They just have to make it to the end of Pujols, then they can finally get a good team around him. That’s $24 million that will be freed up.

I don't get why the Pujols contract has prevented them from developing their farm system or acquiring decent starting pitching. Seems like an excuse. After Pujols is done, they're still going to suck.

Guess Bryce needs to work on his recruiting pitch.

Stros sign Bregman to 6 year, $100 million extension. Covers two FA years. $16.6 million AAV is a heck of a steal for Houston.

A nice model for Braves to follow with Acuna. Buy out his arb years for $60M and tack on 2 FA years at $30M+ and he still hits the market at 28.

Not really a Hot Stove item but it was great to be able to see Ichiro's farewell this morning. I was hoping he'd pull a Ripken and do a lap around the field.

Goldschmidt signs an extension. Mookie Betts might be the only top-tier player left that wants to hit FA.

Are we converting this into the season thread or should someone (me) start a new one?

Back