• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's kowtowing to hate leads to synagogue shootings and more

Let me help you out here. Your point is a false equivalency. Trump has actually said things that have actually inspired people to engage in violent activities and Libs are upset about it, whereas Obama didn't say things to encourage violent activities and rioting but the pubs tried to blame him anyway.

Appreciate the cordial reply, agree to disagree. I personally find them both at fought in some manner (to an extent). MAGABomber was arrested and will see the full extent of the law. If you think he had a thought along the way that he would be exempt from justice just because Trump is president then I find that to be laughable. Or is your point he never thought about repercussions because he just wanted to kill some Libs and make Trump happy? If so then, uhh wow.

Appreciate the cordial reply, agree to disagree. I personally find them both at fought in some manner (to an extent). MAGABomber was arrested and will see the full extent of the law. If you think he had a thought along the way that he would be exempt from justice just because Trump is president then I find that to be laughable. Or is your point he never thought about repercussions because he just wanted to kill some Libs and make Trump happy? If so then, uhh wow.

Jesus, you should take a break today. Didn't the president offer to pay the legal bills for rally attendees if they beat people up?

Jesus, you should take a break today. Didn't the president offer to pay the legal bills for rally attendees if they beat people up?

No. This was not the case. The President of the United States did not offer to pay the legal fees of people guilty of assault.

SD3, I can't grant your premises that there was widespread looting or riots during Obama's administration. Come to the thread with cold, hard facts that demonstrate that your stated events took place (and not just "Look at Ferguson!") and then we can get into a discussion about how ridiculous it is to claim that Obama was responsible. But you have to come correct, don't just say it and complain when people (rightly) fact check you on it.

But even if the premise of looting and rioting is granted, saying that Obama was responsible for such events due to rhetoric is ludicrous. The reason that people blame Trump for being divisive is he says divisive things. He has called for and supported violence against journalists; lo and behold one of his most avid supporters sent bombs to CNN. Trump has made statements that "others" are to be feared; we have violence against minorities. Trump rose to power by taking advantage of fear that many older white people have towards non-whites. He has not hidden this from view, he says the quiet parts out loud. To then say, "Trump and his rhetoric had nothing to do with it" is either deliberately pulling the wool over your eyes (bad) or gaslighting the country, which will likely lead to even worse outcomes.

You still haven't answered how Obama "enabled" Baltimore, Ferguson and Charlotte. Exactly what did he for each location or to create the events at those locations.

The plane groper thought it was ok since the president does it.

Classic qualities of Trumpublicans. Assert something without evidence. Evidence is shown which disproves said assertion. Ignore, move goal posts, introduce a “whatabout,” or change subject. The latter two have a lot of overlap.

This has nothing to do with birdman's post.

It's really dumb logic anyway because both statements assume that this bomber assumed he would be caught. I'm no criminologist, but I'm guessing most people commit crimes assuming they'll get away with it.

That's candidate Trump, not president.

'preciate it.

I've represented an individual in federal court that threatened to kill Obama. The type of person who actually goes through with a threat like this is almost always (99%) completely unhinged.

I mean just this morning he tweeted again that the media is the true enemy of the people. So what are you suppose to do to your enemies? You attack them, eliminate them, etc... see bringing people together no blame to be had.

I personally find them both at fought in some manner (to an extent).

Bothsides-ism at its finest.

It's amusingly pathetic when it happens on a messageboard. It's more troubling when major news media is caught in the trap in the name of "balance".

Back