• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's kowtowing to hate leads to synagogue shootings and more

It took one post for someone (RJ, shocking!) to blame Trump for a tragedy perpetrated by what really was just a complete anti-semitic (and anti-Trump) nutjob. The thread was off the rails from the start. I appreciate your condescending advice though.

Trump is at least partially to blame. You can’t argue in good faith that he is not.

It took one post for someone (RJ, shocking!) to blame Trump for a tragedy perpetrated by what really was just a complete anti-semitic (and anti-Trump) nutjob. The thread was off the rails from the start. I appreciate your condescending advice though.

The shooter directly referenced HIAS and pointed to their participation in bringing a caravan of invaders to America - which is a direct result of the (intentionally misleading) rhetoric of the administration concerning the asylum seekers in Mexico.

The shooter directly referenced HIAS and pointed to their participation in bringing a caravan of invaders to America - which is a direct result of the (intentionally misleading) rhetoric of the administration concerning the asylum seekers in Mexico.

but what about antifa?

INFLAMMATORY ! BOTH SIDES !

What's not shocking is that you take the easy way out and blame me or not blame Trump's constant hate-filled, racist, anti-Semitic rhetoric for having any part of these events.

What's not shocking is your trying to say you were playing "devil's advocate" after multiple people busted your bullshit attempt of equivalence of Trump and Obama.

If you don't think Trump's attacks on Jews, blacks, Hispanics and all other others plays a part in these evil hate crimes from KY to FL to PA, then you either willfully blind, lying or ignorant.

I am willing to give an old Jewish guy a little slack on a thread about 11 old Jewish people who were gunned down at a bris by a right wing nut job.

I am willing to give an old Jewish guy a little slack on a thread about 11 old Jewish people who were gunned down at a bris by a right wing nut job.

GTB instead compares him to the left's version of the shooter. Real civil

me too. he still sucks.

GTB instead compares him to the left's version of the shooter. Real civil

GTB and right wingers like him afraid people will think he is like these right wing nut jobs.

The rest of us are afraid we will he killed by these right wing nut jobs.

and idiots like GTB don’t realize how close to home this hits Jews. They can’t understand how close to home so much of this rhetoric and violence hits people who aren’t like them.

This is a lot more personal to folks like RJ and me, but this kind of terror is an increasingly daily reality for a large chunk of the population under this administration.

Although this guy didn't think Trump was enough of a racist, Trump, his minions on Fox and other RW bigots have perpetrating the lies that there are "Middle Easterners" and other terrorists in the "caravan" which is blatantly and unapologetically racist as well as totally false. They are also lying to incite hatred of Jews by saying George Soros is finding the caravan.

Trump's repeated and constant use terms like "Nationalist" and "globalist" are unabashed, fog horns (not dog whistles) of anti-Semiticism. When talking about "globalists", Trump show pictures of Soros and other other Jews.

Sadly, there are millions of ignorant enablers like GTB and Tiger that give Trump's lies and hate a soft landing place.

On Fox News, the word "invasion" was used in relation to the caravan more than 60 times in October, according to closed captioning transcripts. (This includes repeats of programs.) "Invading" was brought up more than a dozen times.
On Fox Business, the word "invasion" was invoked more than 75 times in October, mostly on Lou Dobbs' program.
Fox's Tucker Carlson referenced an "invasion" as early as October 16.
Eleven days later, on October 27, minutes before entering the Tree of Life synagogue, the suspect wrote another post about "invaders" and said "I'm going in," seemingly linking his anti-immigrant attitudes to his attack on the synagogue.

Active shooter at Pittsburgh area synagogue

It bears repeating that these are legal asylum seekers.

I don’t know if board conservatives actually believe these are “invaders” or if they know the truth and just tolerate the lie because they hate legal immigrants.

It bears repeating that these are legal asylum seekers.

I don’t know if board conservatives actually believe these are “invaders” or if they know the truth and just tolerate the lie because they hate legal immigrants.

they don’t care either way

It still seems less obvious to me that Trump is a direct cause of his shooting like the mail bomber. Strick, can you help me see the linkage in a reasoned way? I am sincerely asking and you know I fucking hate Trump as much as anybody.

I totally get that something about the Trump presidency has emboldened white supremacists generally and if this guy had gone to a Spanish mass at a Catholic Church, the direct lines from Trump's words to his actions would be clear. I don't think I'm being intentionally obtuse, it just seems like, at best, an indirect influence from the presidency on down. President has an Anti immigrant campaign and policies -> president and his supporters sling racist dog whistles repeatedly -> white supremicists start to like this guy -> white supremacy isn't all that taboo anymore -> guy shoots up a synagogue. The mail bomber case is President says Democrats and CNN are evil -> guy sends them a bomb in the mail.

It still seems less obvious to me that Trump is a direct cause of his shooting like the mail bomber. Strick, can you help me see the linkage in a reasoned way? I am sincerely asking and you know I fucking hate Trump as much as anybody.

I totally get that something about the Trump presidency has emboldened white supremacists generally and if this guy had gone to a Spanish mass at a Catholic Church, the direct lines from Trump's words to his actions would be clear. I don't think I'm being intentionally obtuse, it just seems like, at best, an indirect influence from the presidency on down. President has an Anti immigrant campaign and policies -> president and his supporters sling racist dog whistles repeatedly -> white supremicists start to like this guy -> white supremacy isn't all that taboo anymore -> guy shoots up a synagogue. The mail bomber case is President says Democrats and CNN are evil -> guy sends them a bomb in the mail.

He's insinuated Democrats/Soros were funding the caravan, and this isn't the first version of "Jews are bringing non-whites into the country to undermine the white race" . I've seen it a few times, and I actually think it made it onto an episode of Seinfeld.

At the very least, McCarthy and his ilk could tell supporters “Don’t bomb. Vote.”

Back