• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's kowtowing to hate leads to synagogue shootings and more

Over 100 current and former Steelers were at the service today. Included among them were Franco Harris and Owner/Ambassador Rooney. Pittsburgh is a small town with a lot of people.

[h=1]Republican Campaign Mailer Fuels Anti-Semitism Complaints In State Senate Race[/h]
http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-anti-semitic-mailer-20181030-story.html

DqxfmEIX4AEjvKH.jpg

Kansas Men Convicted of Plotting to Murder Immigrants Blame Trump’s Rhetoric

“The court cannot ignore the circumstances of one of the most rhetorically mold-breaking, violent, awful, hateful and contentious presidential elections in modern history, driven in large measure by the rhetorical China shop bull who is now our president,” the lawyers representing Stein wrote in a sentencing memo.

The man was a “complete and long-standing” supporter of Trump, the lawyers said. They argued that Trump’s surprise victory in November of 2016 would have disrupted the plot the men spent months concocting. Fox 4 Kansas City elaborates:

Trump’s win “changed everything” because the men’s the urgency for action and the feeling of a losing battle would be gone, they argued. Conspiracies — among them that then President Barack Obama would not relinquish power — would be disproven. He contended the discussed attack likely would never have happened in the world that existed after Trump’s election.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...?utm_medium=s1&utm_source=fb&utm_campaign=nym

“Wright’s lawyer wrote, “As long as the Executive Branch condemns Islam and commends and encourages violence against would-be enemies, then a sentence imposed by the Judicial Branch does little to deter people generally from engaging in such conduct if they believe they are protecting their countries from enemies identified by their own Commander-in-Chief.””

Fair point. People in the Cult of Trump think they are serving this country.

Kansas Men Convicted of Plotting to Murder Immigrants Blame Trump’s Rhetoric

“The court cannot ignore the circumstances of one of the most rhetorically mold-breaking, violent, awful, hateful and contentious presidential elections in modern history, driven in large measure by the rhetorical China shop bull who is now our president,” the lawyers representing Stein wrote in a sentencing memo.

The man was a “complete and long-standing” supporter of Trump, the lawyers said. They argued that Trump’s surprise victory in November of 2016 would have disrupted the plot the men spent months concocting. Fox 4 Kansas City elaborates:

Trump’s win “changed everything” because the men’s the urgency for action and the feeling of a losing battle would be gone, they argued. Conspiracies — among them that then President Barack Obama would not relinquish power — would be disproven. He contended the discussed attack likely would never have happened in the world that existed after Trump’s election.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...?utm_medium=s1&utm_source=fb&utm_campaign=nym

But I've been repeatedly told that Trump's rhetoric and tweets have nothing to do with the rise in hate speech and hate crimes over the past couple of years. Nothing at all. Instead, this is all the Democrat's fault for yelling at GOP pols in public places and protesting Trump's actions in the streets. Trump is just "telling it like it is", or some such.

[h=1]Republican Campaign Mailer Fuels Anti-Semitism Complaints In State Senate Race[/h]
http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-anti-semitic-mailer-20181030-story.html

DqxfmEIX4AEjvKH.jpg

“When I look at that I don’t see Jewish,” Romano said. “That’s all this is, pointing out the fact that Matt Lesser is a tax-and-spend Democrat. If you criticize any Democrat for failures and their record, they run into this shield that you’re a racist. The Democrats have false outrage all the time.”

Later Tuesday, amid criticism of his earlier comments to The Courant and other media outlets, Romano issued a written statement saying the mailer was offensive.

“I had the opportunity to discuss some of the context of the recent mailer sent by candidate Ed Charamut involving State Representative Matt Lesser,” he said in the statement. “Several things have come into perspective from conversations with Jewish friends, including Jewish Republicans. In a race with a Jewish candidate, this image should be recognized as offensive, raising classic anti-Semitic tropes. It cannot be justified. I personally would not have approved this mailer, and I am grateful that the party did not approve it. I have requested to sit down with the ADL to broaden my understanding of and sensitivity to anti-Semitism.”

Dude went from "what? it's fine" to "I never would have approved it" in just a few hours.

Trump is cutting $10M in grants for people fighting domestic terrorism. Just like they killed grants after Charlottesville. Among the groups that lost funding the last time was one that helped people transition from white supremacist groups into the non-hate world.

Trump is acting time after time to protect racists. Unless you are filled with hate for those not like, you can't morally support this evil bastard.

A synagogue in Orange County was vandalized with hate slogans painted on it.

How hard is it to say, "Anti-Semiticism is wrong. White supremacy is wrong" ?

Republicans have no guts and no morals by accepting Trump's supporters like Bannon, Miller, Gorka and others. If elected GOP people had any morals, they'd be demanding Trump fire all these people and stop his hate filled, racist, bigoted rhetoric.

Due to their cowardice, Republicans have blood on their hands and souls for being too chickenshit to stand up to Trump's rhetoric.

A Jewish community center in northern VA was graffitied with swasticas and stuff last month, and Corey Stewart (who is running against Tim Kaine) didn't condemn it. But then again, Stewart is further out there than Trump is. The chairman of the state Pub party resigned after Stewart got the Pub nomination.

Back