• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's kowtowing to hate leads to synagogue shootings and more

Dude, of course Trump has poured all sorts of fuel on a bunch of fires. But we've had a large number of mass murders before Trump was on our political scene, and we have no idea at this point whether this killer is a Trump hater or lover or Trump neutral. For all we know he could be a radical glass blower who hates anyone who destroys glasses at weddings. Yes, the Florida wannabe bomber was heavily influenced by Trump. But we have no idea about this guy yet. So let the cops do their investigation instead of making up our own facts.

for many decades, we have not had as many nor have we had a POTUS encouraging hate.

Specifically what "fact" did I make up?

This is heartbreaking. Synagogues have been some of the most important spaces to me in my young and adult lives. Even in Winston, we used to prepare for moments like this, but it never felt like it could actually happen. To think that something like this could actually happen, though, is just horrifying.

It was only a matter of time after the relentless dog whistling and scapegoating of Jews from the right.

I hope the victims and their families find peace and the criminal justice system does its job.

https://www.newsweek.com/jews-racism-trump-antisemitism-charlottesville-attacks-jewish-700398

JEWS IN TRUMP'S AMERICA ARE BEING ATTACKED POST-CHARLOTTESVILLE

"Attacks against Jews have become much more frequent since August, when a group of white supremacists took to the streets of Charlottesville, Virginia, chanting “Jews will not replace us,” a new report shows.

The number of anti-Semitic incidents increased throughout 2017, but the biggest jump was right after Charlottesville, when the number of attacks increased by 182 percent, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

Overall, there were 1,299 anti-Semitic incidents across the United States during the first nine months of 2017, including physical assaults, vandalism, and attacks on Jewish institutions, the data revealed. "

So everybody was right! He’s a white nationalist who hates Jews but he doesn’t necessarily support Trump.

Never quite understood what causes anti semitism, is it just crazy christians? Cause aren't christians taught not to murder people?

Never quite understood what causes anti semitism, is it just crazy christians? Cause aren't christians taught not to murder people?

I think you’ll find that many self-identifying Christians don’t actually know what Christianity is supposed to teach. Most of them think Jesus was a white dude.

I've never not thought of jews as white dudes, that's why this has always confused me :noidea:

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's tough enough for the moyls to bring some clippers to a bris. If they brought guns, there might be a lot fewer Jews in the long run.

The President thinks that the solution to preventing gun violence is to have armed guards at a bris. A fucking bris.

— Tommy Vietor (@TVietor08) October 27, 2018

https://www.jta.org/2018/10/27/top-...tm_source=kvellerfacebook&utm_campaign=buffer

Conservative solutions include more guns and violence.

If the events of the past two years, including the Kavanaugh hearings and appointment, and now stuff like these mail bombs and synagogue shooting, doesn't convince every Democrat to get out and vote on November 6, I don't know what will, or if they'll ever vote in large numbers. Yes, the shooter was acting on his own, but the response of Trump and the GOP to events like this - moar guns - guns everywhere! Teachers need guns! Rabbis and priests and ministers need guns! - is just ridiculous, and a sign of a sick society. Also, I have little doubt that Trump's rhetoric, and that of much of right-wing media, is definitely giving at least some people the feeling that they now have license to say and do some terribly racist and misogynistic and homophobic things, and get away with it. The only way to stop that is to hammer the GOP at election time, and show them that there is a heavy price to be paid for supporting Trump, his rhetoric, and his policies, so blindly. As long as they keep winning elections, the GOP is just going to keep getting worse and worse.

Back