• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's kowtowing to hate leads to synagogue shootings and more

Trump didn't mail bombs or shoot people. The people who did those things are horrid.

You can sit on this message board and post nonsense all you want. It's not going to change anything.

I'm shocked and saddened that 11 human beings were killed. I'm less shocked and more amused that some complete idiot mailed non-functioning pipe bombs to a host of political people. Both of the perpetrators should be sentenced to life imprisonment; one of them death.

But neither of these people are emblematic of the Trump presidency, and to imply that they are is disingenuous and hurts your common cause.

I am not irredeemably wicked or stupid because I believe that a Government should focus on safety and finances over social welfare. That is your cross to bear.

And if that were what Donald and the GOP were currently focused on doing (and were actually doing) there likely wouldn't be the current level of furor either.

Trump didn't mail bombs or shoot people. The people who did those things are horrid.

You can sit on this message board and post nonsense all you want. It's not going to change anything.

I'm shocked and saddened that 11 human beings were killed. I'm less shocked and more amused that some complete idiot mailed non-functioning pipe bombs to a host of political people. Both of the perpetrators should be sentenced to life imprisonment; one of them death.

But neither of these people are emblematic of the Trump presidency, and to imply that they are is disingenuous and hurts your common cause.

I am not irredeemably wicked or stupid because I believe that a Government should focus on safety and finances over social welfare. That is your cross to bear.

what has Trump's presidency done to focus on the safety of anyone?

Trump has literally publicly attacked every single one of the targets of the pipe bombs (including even after they were sent) and has explicitly encouraged his supporters to commit violent acts.

And that's leaving aside what his surrogates go and say on TV every single night.

You have to be willfully blind to deny that.

Trump has literally publicly attacked every single one of the targets of the pipe bombs (including even after they were sent) and has explicitly encouraged his supporters to commit violent acts.

And that's leaving aside what his surrogates go and say on TV every single night.

You have to be willfully blind to deny that.

Is this true? It gets thrown around a lot here. Either way, his rhetoric can certainly be dangerous.

And if that were what Donald and the GOP were currently focused on doing (and were actually doing) there likely wouldn't be the current level of furor either.

The renegotiation of our relationship with the world is something that will benefit our country for generations to come. The level of economic proping-up that the US was engaged in was not sustainable (and, frankly, still isn't).

When the president calls one of the targets of the bombs "the enemy of the people" -- did so this morning, actually -- we should not be surprised that one of his more loyal followers took it upon himself to "fix the problem."

Is this true? It gets thrown around a lot here. Either way, his rhetoric can certainly be dangerous.

Remember when he said the “Second Amendment people” could do something about Hillary?

“Repeating his contention that Mrs. Clinton wanted to abolish the right to bear arms, Mr. Trump warned at a rally here that it would be “a horrible day” if Mrs. Clinton were elected and got to appoint a tiebreaking Supreme Court justice.

“If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Mr. Trump said, as the crowd began to boo. He quickly added: “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.””

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton.html

When the president calls one of the targets of the bombs "the enemy of the people" -- did so this morning, actually -- we should not be surprised that one of his more loyal followers took it upon himself to "fix the problem."

Yes, we should.

...I am not irredeemably wicked or stupid because I believe that a Government should focus on safety and finances over social welfare. That is your cross to bear.

Well, if you think Trumpublicans are pursuing salutary fiscal, foreign, or domestic policies you are woefully mistaken. Possibly irredeemably so.

The renegotiation of our relationship with the world is something that will benefit our country for generations to come. The level of economic proping-up that the US was engaged in was not sustainable (and, frankly, still isn't).

Jesus you really think this is what’s happening? Read the fucking news once in a while

You’re choosing ignorance

They were functioning pipe bombs. Link to where they were not functioning?

Government focused on safety? Link to Trump’s focus on safety? People are getting gunned down every day.

Finances? Sheesh. You serious? How’s that deficit doing?

This is just an objectively false claim.

But his hate speech loaded their guns, drove them to the site, was a cheerleader, then denied any participation.

Trump told audiences to beat up those who disagreed with him and that he would pay their defense costs.

His constant and over racism started the day he announced his candidacy. That's actually wrong, it goes way back. Trump had to pay the biggest fine in NYC history for housing discrimination against people of color. In Atlantic City, he paid the largest in history for employment discrimination for his actions towards people of color and women.

He said there were "many people" in Charlottesville who in a group carrying tiki torches while circling a synagogue screaming "Sieg Heil", "Jews will not replace us" and "White power". The second you showed up at that event, you proved you couldn't be considered a "fine person".

His consistent attacks on black people with comments about their intelligence is overt racism and incendiary. Hell, he hasn't even spoken about the racist who killed two innocent black people in KY last week simply because they were black. He told a white man who confronted him that he was safe because he is white. But this doesn't matter to you.

To this day, Trump uses Sebastian Gorka as a surrogate. Gorka proudly showed up at the White House Inaugural Ball wearing an officer's tunic from the Hungarian Nazi Party. On that tunic was the highest medal Hungarian Nazis awarded. If Trump doesn't know Gorka a Nazi, then he's a total idiot.

Stephen Miller says his mentor is Richard Spencer. It's inconceivable that ANY POTUS would let a person who claims a virulent and proud racist as their mentor on the WH grounds much less as an ultra-senior policy advisor.

At dozens of events, Trump uses racially scarred verbiage. He calls the press the enemy of the people. He foments hate and violence. When it happens it's on him.

To support someone who is such an obvious racist and who surrounds himself with other racists, shows you have transactional not true morals. You can be a conservative and not be a racist, but if you support a lying, misogynistic, racist, you don't have real morals.

No, we shouldn't.

-rough up those protesters
-second amendment people prevent Hillary
-I like guys that body slam the enemy of the people
-dehumanizing large swaths of people

Back