• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Russia is successfully fomenting civil war in America.

Grabs Turds Bare

Reaction score
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/russian-facebook-events/539565/

Stirring up political divisiveness.

https://warontherocks.com/2016/11/trolling-for-trump-how-russia-is-trying-to-destroy-our-democracy/

One example of echo-chamber magnification.

I believe that the Russian government is actively creating political division in the United States. I believe they have been doing so for a significant period of time (years). Through the use of concerted and intentional online communication and targeted financial support of key radical idealogues, Vladimir Putin has weaponized the average american by fostering an "othering" mindset.

This "othering" mindset is foundational to creating an environment where collaborative discourse breaks down in favor of confirmation bias opinionated thinking.

Various forms of online communication have been centrail to Putin's strategy. Message boards, Reddit, news comment sections, facebook, twitter - anywhere where American eyeballs come to rest and a level of anonymity can be achieved. What is remarkable is how successful this strategy has been.

The only solution that I can see is online social security numbers, which would lead to the large-scale elimination of anonymity on the internet. One of my most cherished things. However, it appears that taking the inhumanity out of internet communication will require some accountability or person-ing of the internet.

Trump has embraced this and expanded it. I started a thread about it last week.

Internet anonymity is protected in the Constitution, so....

Trump is being used by Putin like the whore he is. Putin can't even believe how much Trump has helped him.

I wonder if GTB thinks Putin is the best POTUS of his lifetime.

What are some examples of the "key radical ideologues" that Russia is financing?

Have you posted things from the_donald, 4chan, foxnews? Did you support BSF4L as a good guy? You are a Russian asset.

What are some examples of the "key radical ideologues" that Russia is financing?

I don't have proof, but I bet there was some Russian money in the Charlottesville Nazi crowd. Same for Antifa. It would be so easy to get meaningful money to those groups, because you just have to give a couple hundred bucks to the biggest asshole and wham - huge impact because now they are there.

Also, think of how easy it would be for Russian operatives to Paypal $100 to someone like the insane Trump guy who mailed the pipe bombs. Or just casually dropping the post for "how to make pipe bombs" in a forum PM. When you have complete anonymity, Russian military ops could pretend to be anyone to subtly foster a connection to vulnerable people.

By all accounts, the dude who shot up the synagogue was a total loner. Totally socially isolated - except on the Internet, where he was basically an RJKarl of his chosen boards.

I don't have proof, but I bet there was some Russian money in the Charlottesville Nazi crowd. Same for Antifa. It would be so easy to get meaningful money to those groups, because you just have to give a couple hundred bucks to the biggest asshole and wham - huge impact because now they are there.

Also, think of how easy it would be for Russian operatives to Paypal $100 to someone like the insane Trump guy who mailed the pipe bombs. Or just casually dropping the post for "how to make pipe bombs" in a forum PM. When you have complete anonymity, Russian military ops could pretend to be anyone to subtly foster a connection to vulnerable people.

By all accounts, the dude who shot up the synagogue was a total loner. Totally socially isolated - except on the Internet, where he was basically an RJKarl of his chosen boards.

You are an absolute moron.

i'm sorry, what was the running count of leftist mass shooters and mail-bombers since Trump took office?

To be fair RJ did support the Russian effort of California to leave the country.

And, apparently, you are the type of person that would be actively targeted to be turned into the blue equivalent of the Pittsburgh shooter.

This shows you also have no reading comprehension skills.

When you have done ANYTHING in life, please let me know.

That's the thing - we're all super-susceptible to becoming weaponized.

We are? It’s interesting that only the right appears to be getting radicalized in this moment. There are definitely idiots on both sides, but only one of those sides is leaning in to the propaganda and perpetuating acts of political terrorism.

Back