• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dealing with Spectrum

Didn’t miss it. It’s in the racial discrimination thread on the Tunnels. Just wanted to make a RTQ/TWC joke.

Brangus, what happened with Frontier? It was great in Tampa when it was Verizon. Sadly, I had to change to Spectrum (then Bright House) when I moved. Then I got DirecTV for TV and kept Spectrum Internet. I’d cut the cord if not for Sunday Ticket.

What percentage of threads he posts on these days does RJ try to make about Trump? Will the mods do anything? Of course not. Sad!

I was wondering if this is an option yet. Any idea on the time table before this becomes a thing?

I don't know a lot about this so will defer to other, more knowledgeable folks, but I don't think so yet. It will become reality when the 5G networks are fully built out. That is in the process of happening. Only know about this stuff because I live in a rural area and don't have cable available. Right now I use hotspot with verizon for internet but that churns through the data. So will gladly welcome an over the air option.

They better get it while they can. Soon enough the Wireless carriers will be offering over the air WIFI options that will make cable internet a thing of the past.

They can't touch fiber.

My neighborhood has been on the AT&T fiber upgrade list for about 18 months. So frustrating that a half mile away people are getting gigabit fiber for under $100/mo.

True story: When we moved to Winston-Salem, Spectrum missed our first 7 install appointments and their technicians kept claiming I was 'declining/cancelling' the install service.

When I finally recorded myself answering the phone, confirming the appointment, and clearly stating I wasn't cancelling it... they finally sent a guy who was very agitated with us and only hooked up 2 rooms of our house.

He then called my phone (a number only Spectrum had, at that point) at 1:30 a.m. that night and threatened to fuck my wife.

Spectrum then made the argument that the worker involved was actually a third-party contractor, so he couldn't be disciplined & I wouldn't be credited for any inconveniences.

Fun!

We switched to ATT for internet a few years ago and haven’t regretted it. Cable companies dying should be a national holiday.

True story: When we moved to Winston-Salem, Spectrum missed our first 7 install appointments and their technicians kept claiming I was 'declining/cancelling' the install service.

When I finally recorded myself answering the phone, confirming the appointment, and clearly stating I wasn't cancelling it... they finally sent a guy who was very agitated with us and only hooked up 2 rooms of our house.

He then called my phone (a number only Spectrum had, at that point) at 1:30 a.m. that night and threatened to fuck my wife.

Spectrum then made the argument that the worker involved was actually a third-party contractor, so he couldn't be disciplined & I wouldn't be credited for any inconveniences.

Fun!

If you still have the incoming caller ID for the dude, I'll search out his number and shit in his mouth while he sleeps. Least I could do.

My understanding (again, rudimentary at best) was that 5G service through wireless carriers would be at gigabit speeds and greater.

https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/n...fast-will-it-be-and-how-soon-will-it-get-here

Thanks. It's hard to find much about 5G that's more than rumor status, especially at the neighborhood level. My neighborhood is renegotiating our deal with Spectrum over the next few months and it would be nice to know our long term 5G prospects.

My neighbors constantly bitch about their AT&T fiber. I pay the same price and only get 120/15 from Spectrum, but it's been reliable.

My neighbors constantly bitch about their AT&T fiber. I pay the same price and only get 120/15 from Spectrum, but it's been reliable.

You won't be paying the same price for long if you live in NC. Spectrum is sending letters out raising every plan's prices for existing customers.

You won't be paying the same price for long if you live in NC. Spectrum is sending letters out raising every plan's prices for existing customers.

Yep, just got a nice $20 increase in my most recent bill last week.

Customer service collapsed, internet service is intermittent at best...internet speeds are slower than what you pay for....when its up. Frontier just bought the territory to make as much money as possible in the window before fios becomes obsolete. Thus the minimum spent on service and tech support I guess.

This is a response to cord cutting - jack up internet prices.

What needs to be done is to have laws repealed that made municipal internet illegal. This law only protects ISP monopolies. There is no reason your hometown shouldn't provide internet service to its residents.

Pretty sure the answer is less regulation and lower taxes.[/endtunnelsposting]

This is a response to cord cutting - jack up internet prices.

What needs to be done is to have laws repealed that made municipal internet illegal. This law only protects ISP monopolies. There is no reason your hometown shouldn't provide internet service to its residents.

TITCR

Back