• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dealing with Spectrum

netflixnchildres

Reaction score
These guys are the worst, every month they find a new way to try and increase the bill. I only have internet with those guys because TV is a rip off. Anyone have any tips on how to deal with their near-criminal billing practices? Secondary to that, if they have the monopoly on cable lines for my street are there any other reliable internet companies I can give my business too?

My belief is the big cable/internet service providers are all as guilty of price gauging as big oil was 10 years ago, and all the Congressman that enable them by taking their lobbying money should be voted out of office. The government subsidized these companies to help them with an infrastructure that they now monopolize and use that same monopoly to overcharge. Take away the monopolies and make it a true competitive market and everyone's TV and internet bills will drop tremendously.

Amazing how many countries are cheaper than the country that invented the internet.

Edit:
I only see 9 countries more expensive than the US, the majority are cheaper. Its not that we even have the fastest internet in the world, we are not even top 10 in internet speed. The pricing in the US is a total scam, paid for by cable/internet provider lobbyists and our corrupt government that lets cable/internet monopolies exist.

Last edited:
To be clear they want to make Basic Internet - the lowest speed available $70/month in the Triad. Thats not including TV or a useless phone service. $70 just for internet at the slowest basic speed. Ridiculous.

That's outrageous.

Spectrum has the worst customer service of any major company I've ever dealt with. I thought Best Buy had a lifetime, unassailable, Cy Young 511 wins and 749 complete games lock on the worst customer service position before dealing with Spectrum.

Yep, they’re pretty crappy.

In the old days of Time Warner, when they’d jack up prices, I could call and eventually get someone on the phone who would give me another 6-12-24 months of some “promotional” price. That worked ok for me.

With Spectrum, nah they don’t seem to care. Their online support SUCKS. And they don’t really seem to want to keep me as a customer.

Only problem is my only alternative seems to be AT&T fiber optic Uverse etc.. I responded to one of their promotional mailers only to discover they’d put a phone number on the mailer that was for “service” instead of new customers. And the endless menu and incompetent folks that eventually answered made me think they’d be worse than Spectrum.

‘Merica.

That's outrageous.

Spectrum has the worst customer service of any major company I've ever dealt with. I thought Best Buy had a lifetime, unassailable, Cy Young 511 wins and 749 complete games lock on the worst customer service position before dealing with Spectrum.

you obviously never dealt with pg&e

Spectrum simply doesn't care. It's become a monopoly in most areas.

These guys are the worst, every month they find a new way to try and increase the bill. I only have internet with those guys because TV is a rip off. Anyone have any tips on how to deal with their near-criminal billing practices? Secondary to that, if they have the monopoly on cable lines for my street are there any other reliable internet companies I can give my business too?

My belief is the big cable/internet service providers are all as guilty of price gauging as big oil was 10 years ago, and all the Congressman that enable them by taking their lobbying money should be voted out of office. The government subsidized these companies to help them with an infrastructure that they now monopolize and use that same monopoly to overcharge. Take away the monopolies and make it a true competitive market and everyone's TV and internet bills will drop tremendously.

Sadly their customer service has fallen off since a corporate decision to fire anyone who is hot and makes around $125K

TWC/Spectrum has gone downhill since RTQ stopped posting.

Maybe she started making $125K after she realized she’s hot.

I am in living hell with Frontier in Tampa. They are incompetent...their product and service sucks and they are so expensive....point being I was actually thinking of switching to Spectrum. DirectTV is super susceptible to Florida summer storms...I don't know what to do. Love me some sports...

I am in living hell with Frontier in Tampa. They are incompetent...their product and service sucks and they are so expensive....point being I was actually thinking of switching to Spectrum. DirectTV is super susceptible to Florida summer storms...I don't know what to do. Love me some sports...

yeah, i had all but decided to ditch direct TV because AT&T suffers from #unwipedass, but this thread is giving me pause. even if i went with some sort of live TV online streaming service, i'd have to use spectrum for the internet. sucks.

I think no one who bombed a cable company HQ would ever get convicted. At the very least, they would have a hung jury. One or more juror would vote to acquit on the grounds of justification.

I think no one who bombed a cable company HQ would ever get convicted. At the very least, they would have a hung jury. One or more juror would vote to acquit on the grounds of justification.

If we could only get Trump and Fox News to discuss the evil cable companies and ISPs

They better get it while they can. Soon enough the Wireless carriers will be offering over the air WIFI options that will make cable internet a thing of the past.

They better get it while they can. Soon enough the Wireless carriers will be offering over the air WIFI options that will make cable internet a thing of the past.

I was wondering if this is an option yet. Any idea on the time table before this becomes a thing?

I just had a disaster with a business install. ⅔ of the install dine correctly. When I wasn’t satisfied with support I fueled a complaint with the BBB. Within an hour I had a call from corporate to find out where things broke down and to agree a free month seemed reasonable.

Back