• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dealing with Spectrum

Pretty sure the answer is less regulation and lower taxes.[/endtunnelsposting]

You joke, but this is a perfect example of companies who have twisted state legislatures to their whims to pass unfair/unconstitutional laws. The solution could 100% be solved politically by doing what awaken said above and removing those monopoly-keeping laws to allow municipal internet.

You joke, but this is a perfect example of companies who have twisted state legislatures to their whims to pass unfair/unconstitutional laws. The solution could 100% be solved politically by doing what awaken said above and removing those monopoly-keeping laws to allow municipal internet.

but wouldn't municipal internet then be done by just one company? like here in Buncombe County, trash service is outsourced to WastePro and they suck.

I had to switch from Direct TV to TWC/Spectrum about 2 years a go and found the people with customer service pretty good. It does suck I'm locked into a "package" of Internet, cable and phone. I asked how much cheaper it would be to drop the phone and the answer was it would cost MORE. I asked if I could save some money and drop the shitty Encore and Starz movie channels that came with the cable package and they said it would be MORE. I don't blame the customer service for that, it's more the company policy.

I had to switch from Direct TV to TWC/Spectrum about 2 years a go and found the people with customer service pretty good. It does suck I'm locked into a "package" of Internet, cable and phone. I asked how much cheaper it would be to drop the phone and the answer was it would cost MORE. I asked if I could save some money and drop the shitty Encore and Starz movie channels that came with the cable package and they said it would be MORE. I don't blame the customer service for that, it's more the company policy.

Yup, I’ve had both those conversations. I could switch to AT&T and cut the cord and save for a year or so, but after a year those promotional price on AT&T would be over and I’d have to keep switching back and forth which seems like a pain.

One thing to do to save on spectrum is not to rent the router. Just buy a spectrum compatible one on amazon and save the $10 per month.

Any recommendations on a good router?

The stugotz is strong in you

i can vouch for the top rated one. it was big upgrade from my previous model.

Back