• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ernie Nestor

May have already been covered....

How old is this guy ?

That's why we use things like ACC records as a comparison between coaches

Do you control for strength of schedule and/or margin of victory when doing so?

If someone thinks the ACC season is all that matters I’m not opposed to someone using an ACC only Kenpom-like system that completely ignores all non-conference games in order to compare different coaches.

I have my sights set a little higher than simply doing well in the ACC.

If someone thinks the ACC season is all that matters I’m not opposed to someone using an ACC only Kenpom-like system that completely ignores all non-conference games in order to compare different coaches.

That's nothing you have to worry about with Danny Manning. I can guarantee you the coaches that are at the bottom of the all-time ACC records historical list generally suck. We play in one of the top basketball conferences in the country. Do well in the conference and you'll get your chance to do well on the national scene

This guy.

Many of us have been saying all along that Manning clearly wasn’t the guy to lead us to ACC Championships, much less Final Fours. You told us we couldn’t make that assessment yet. But this whole time you’ve had your “sights set a little higher than simply doing well in the ACC.” Mmkay.

You keep wriggling, we’ll keep calling you out on it, then you’ll go away. The end of the Manning/Chill Era. (And Randolph Childress too.)

This guy.

This guy.

Many of us have been saying all along that Manning clearly wasn’t the guy to lead us to ACC Championships, much less Final Fours. You told us we couldn’t make that assessment yet. But this whole time you’ve had your “sights set a little higher than simply doing well in the ACC.” Mmkay.

You keep wriggling, we’ll keep calling you out on it, then you’ll go away. The end of the Manning/Chill Era. (And Randolph Childress too.)

This guy.

I never told y’all that.

May have already been covered....

How old is this guy ?

rocky.gif

All the speculation about firing Manning misses the point. The problem is Wellman. He should not be allowed to make any more head coaching hires in basketball, after the catastrophic damage he has done to a once-proud flagship athletic program. Until Wellman retires (forcibly or voluntarily), we're just going to bump along on the bottom, but that's better than letting Wellman saddle us with another 4-5 years of another bad hire.

Why would we be saddled with a new hire for 4-5 years unless Wellman is still the AD?

Why would we be saddled with a new hire for 4-5 years unless Wellman is still the AD?

Because it’s Wake Forest and we do things “the right way.” In most other ADs what your talking about is perfectly reasonable and realistic, but I think RC107 is just acknowledging the likely reality that Wake won’t do that.

Wake is highly unlikely to fire a BB coach in less than three years unless bad things besides losses have happened.

If Danny is replaced, his replacement will get at least three years unless there are incidents and deficiencies outside of wins and losses.

Vegas has given Danny the fifth-best odds to be the first coach fires this year. Odds of being first fired are at +750.

“Ahead” of Danny are: Richard Pitino (+250), Mark Turgeon (+300), Dave Leitao (+400), and Pat Chambers (+500). Manning is tied with Chris Mullin and Ernie Kent.

Vegas has given Danny the fifth-best odds to be the first coach fires this year. Odds of being first fired are at +750.

“Ahead” of Danny are: Richard Pitino (+250), Mark Turgeon (+300), Dave Leitao (+400), and Pat Chambers (+500). Manning is tied with Chris Mullin and Ernie Kent.

It would be a real feather in his cap to make the first four!

I'm seeing Steve Alford at the top of hot seat lists.... Would love to have him at Wake! Didn't know there was that much discontent at UCLA with him.

I'm seeing Steve Alford at the top of hot seat lists.... Would love to have him at Wake! Didn't know there was that much discontent at UCLA with him.

Alford didn't make Vegas' list and is part of "the field" at +150. For reference:

Richard Pitino (Minnesota) +250
Mark Turgeon (Maryland) +300
Dave Leitao (DePaul) +400
Pat Chambers (Penn State) +500
Danny Manning (Wake Forest) +750
Chris Mullin (St. John's) +750
Ernie Kent (Washington State) +750
Jim Christian (Boston College) +1000
Tim Miles (Nebraska) +1000
Sean Miller (Arizona) +1500
Bruce Pearl (Auburn) +1500
Dana Altman (Oregon) +2000
Bill Self (Kansas) +3000
Greg McDermott (Creighton) +3000
Field (Any other head coach) +150

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-odds-big-ten-coaches-top-the-list-of-favorites-to-be-fired-first-this-season/

Alford didn't make Vegas' list and is part of "the field" at +150. For reference:

Richard Pitino (Minnesota) +250
Mark Turgeon (Maryland) +300
Dave Leitao (DePaul) +400
Pat Chambers (Penn State) +500
Danny Manning (Wake Forest) +750
Chris Mullin (St. John's) +750
Ernie Kent (Washington State) +750
Jim Christian (Boston College) +1000
Tim Miles (Nebraska) +1000
Sean Miller (Arizona) +1500
Bruce Pearl (Auburn) +1500
Dana Altman (Oregon) +2000
Bill Self (Kansas) +3000
Greg McDermott (Creighton) +3000
Field (Any other head coach) +150

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-odds-big-ten-coaches-top-the-list-of-favorites-to-be-fired-first-this-season/

I'm surprised Josh Pastner isn't on there. I'd put him top 5.

Back