• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ernie Nestor

Alford didn't make Vegas' list and is part of "the field" at +150. For reference:

Richard Pitino (Minnesota) +250
Mark Turgeon (Maryland) +300
Dave Leitao (DePaul) +400
Pat Chambers (Penn State) +500
Danny Manning (Wake Forest) +750
Chris Mullin (St. John's) +750
Ernie Kent (Washington State) +750
Jim Christian (Boston College) +1000
Tim Miles (Nebraska) +1000
Sean Miller (Arizona) +1500
Bruce Pearl (Auburn) +1500
Dana Altman (Oregon) +2000
Bill Self (Kansas) +3000
Greg McDermott (Creighton) +3000
Field (Any other head coach) +150

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-odds-big-ten-coaches-top-the-list-of-favorites-to-be-fired-first-this-season/

That's really interesting.... Googled college basketball coaches hot seat and they had him at the top. I trust Vegas more though.... Thanks for info!

Vegas has given Danny the fifth-best odds to be the first coach fires this year. Odds of being first fired are at +750.

“Ahead” of Danny are: Richard Pitino (+250), Mark Turgeon (+300), Dave Leitao (+400), and Pat Chambers (+500). Manning is tied with Chris Mullin and Ernie Kent.

It took a while but he is finally raked.

Not sure I put Turgeon that high. Not because he is a good coach, but because of the mess in football at MD and the athletic department. They need to hire a football coach.

The AD is also on somewhat shaky ground. Does Loh fire him in the spring as a parting shot? I think he could.

Any inside sources on whether doofus Manning is listening to Nestor. Based on Manning's stubbornness, I doubt it.

Any inside sources on whether doofus Manning is listening to Nestor. Based on Manning's stubbornness, I doubt it.

Based on Manning being extremely vocal on the sidelines, albeit small sample size, I'd say Nestor has already had an impact. I saw him coaching our guys up on the bench multiple times as well. Time will tell.

Not sure I put Turgeon that high. Not because he is a good coach, but because of the mess in football at MD and the athletic department. They need to hire a football coach.

The AD is also on somewhat shaky ground. Does Loh fire him in the spring as a parting shot? I think he could.

They probably don't have the money to fire Turgeon.

Alford didn't make Vegas' list and is part of "the field" at +150. For reference:

Richard Pitino (Minnesota) +250
Mark Turgeon (Maryland) +300
Dave Leitao (DePaul) +400
Pat Chambers (Penn State) +500
Danny Manning (Wake Forest) +750
Chris Mullin (St. John's) +750
Ernie Kent (Washington State) +750
Jim Christian (Boston College) +1000
Tim Miles (Nebraska) +1000
Sean Miller (Arizona) +1500
Bruce Pearl (Auburn) +1500
Dana Altman (Oregon) +2000
Bill Self (Kansas) +3000
Greg McDermott (Creighton) +3000
Field (Any other head coach) +150

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-odds-big-ten-coaches-top-the-list-of-favorites-to-be-fired-first-this-season/

I see an opportunity here. Let’s put $10 million on Manning and then give Wellman $8 million for the immediate firing. Or Wellman could place the bet to fund the buyout and the new coach. Let’s see if Stevens turns down $100 million!

Seems like this would be an easy way for a big donor with influence to make some cash.

Back