• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ernie Nestor

warrenbat

Reaction score
Thought that his hiring deserved it's own thread. Many have called for Manning to hire an older established basketball coach to help with game management and maybe help on the defensive side of the court. I realize he is just a special assistant and I have to wonder if Manning was encouraged to hire him. Will be interesting to see how that role evolves and how much he is listened to. Awfully good coach who we are lucky to have been able to hire into that role.

Ernie has coached for a number of good coaches and has coached at many schools. He has a much broader perspective of college coaching than Manning. If Danny is smart, he will learn something from Ernie.

A great pick up for the Deacs. He can be what Don Zimmer was to Joe Torre for the late 90's Yankees.

Thought that his hiring deserved it's own thread. Many have called for Manning to hire an older established basketball coach to help with game management and maybe help on the defensive side of the court. I realize he is just a special assistant and I have to wonder if Manning was encouraged to hire him. Will be interesting to see how that role evolves and how much he is listened to. Awfully good coach who we are lucky to have been able to hire into that role.

Gee, 'ya think?

Third separate stint as a WF assistant. Pretty unusual I would guess. Hopefully Manning actually listens to him.

I had hoped that Dave Odom could have been sitting next to Danny this season but I am very pleased that Ernie Nestor is back on the bench. He has coached longer than the rest of the staff combined I believe and will be a steady hand and defensive expert to help build this team. So glad he is back.

I had hoped that Dave Odom could have been sitting next to Danny this season but I am very pleased that Ernie Nestor is back on the bench. He has coached longer than the rest of the staff combined I believe and will be a steady hand and defensive expert to help build this team. So glad he is back.

Might have been a nepotism issue when we hire Ryan next year.

Might have been a nepotism issue when we hire Ryan next year.

We're all about some nepotism. We hire and promote sons of our head coaches without even bothering to release standard press releases about it. If Manning and team stay on for a few more years, I wouldn't be surprised to see BC on staff as well.

I had hoped that Dave Odom could have been sitting next to Danny this season

Dave is damn near 80 years old and he doesn't have a coffin to rejuvenate in the way that Coach K does. He has no business on a sideline.

Says a lot about state of program when folks are longing for the days of Odom and Nester, of course I was filling it up for the Deacs back then. Having coach Nester cant hurt.

Ernie is the back-up plan for interim HC when this team continues its nosedive to a 2-13 start and 0-5 to start ACC as Ronnie realizes this is a true possibility and even he knows he can't keep DM on if team continues implosion while DM is signing on top 500 BB players.

Back