• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

It will be an interesting transition period for whoever takes over at Georgia Tech. Defensively speaking it should be par for the course, but the tools Johnson will have left them on the offensive side may not fit the new HC's scheme very well. This will be most blaring at the QB position. I doubt Johnson has anything other than his prototypical wishbone QB's on the roster, hopefully for the new coach there is someone in there who at least gives him the option to change the scheme. The O-Line returns three 300+ lb linemen, which should help some, but like most teams that run the wishbone the rest of the linemen on the roster are under 300 lbs, some significantly so. I think Wisenhut would be a GREAT hire for the Jackets, and he would probably give them their best shot at immediate success given his offensive credentials.

Bowling Green hired BC OC, Scott Loeffler

Clawson (probably) approves.

Ahead of this year's BC game: "I really think their offensive coordinator, Scott Loefler, is one of the more underrated coordinators in the conference. I think he does a great job of getting matchups and creating all different formations and creating extra gaps. He’s also the quarterback coach and it’s very obvious on film how improved their quarterback is. He’s much more accurate, he looks more comfortable and because of that, BC is more than just defending the run now."

He was not a fan favorite when he was OC under Beamer at VT. Best of luck to him.

Uhhhh, this is the guy who ran the offense that got Gene Chizik fired at Auburn. And yes, the offense was awful at VT. And I don't watch the BC offense and start looking for head coaches. Good luck.

It's been 11 years.

GT fans ready for a change.

Excited for them to have a coaching search, especially since I'm here in Atlanta.

Agree that there are a myriad of reasons why they should be able to hire a very good coach.

It's been 11 years and Tech went to two Orange Bowls during Johnson's tenure. It's doubtful their next coach will do that well, but it was time for Johnson to move on.

This would be a great opportunity for Tech to find a guy who would be the polar opposite of Johnson, someone who would spread the field out and sling it all over the place. They's run roughshod over ACC defenses with the level of talent they should be able to get at Tech and offensive recruits wouldn't hang up when they get a call from the head coach.

It's amazing how ineffective Wake's recruiting is in Charlotte.

Realize it's FCS, but JMU has a playoff game this Saturday. Pretty crappy for Houston to make the move this week. That said, agree that it was a good hire. He has deep NC roots. Sure he will try to take advantage.

Less crappy than making the move next week if they win. It’s 3 weeks until the early signing period.

Satterfield from App is their next target. I hope they strike out there too.

As mentioned above, Satterfield is a key target for GT too. I think he's more likely to go there vs UL

As mentioned above, Satterfield is a key target for GT too. I think he's more likely to go there vs UL

As much as it pains me to say this, he would be perfect for Tech. They could be scary together.

Are App fans assuming Satterfield will be gone this offseason? I've talked to a couple that think he really wants to stay until his kids graduate high school. Is that wishful thinking or not? It'd be awesome if UL got turned down by Satterfield too.

I could see him staying if he doesn’t get offered the Tech job. He can be selective and just keep making the top 25 at App.

paul-johnson-sticking-his-tongue-out-after-beating-fsu.gif

Back