Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

It will be an interesting transition period for whoever takes over at Georgia Tech. Defensively speaking it should be par for the course, but the tools Johnson will have left them on the offensive side may not fit the new HC's scheme very well. This will be most blaring at the QB position. I doubt Johnson has anything other than his prototypical wishbone QB's on the roster, hopefully for the new coach there is someone in there who at least gives him the option to change the scheme. The O-Line returns three 300+ lb linemen, which should help some, but like most teams that run the wishbone the rest of the linemen on the roster are under 300 lbs, some significantly so. I think Wisenhut would be a GREAT hire for the Jackets, and he would probably give them their best shot at immediate success given his offensive credentials.
    beer and titties

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Wow, that is an amazing get for Charlotte.
    So CharlotteDeac is vindicated?

NEW MODERAT0R
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    Bowling Green hired BC OC, Scott Loeffler
    Quote Originally Posted by CONeill View Post
    Clawson (probably) approves.

Ahead of this year's BC game: "I really think their offensive coordinator, Scott Loefler, is one of the more underrated coordinators in the conference. I think he does a great job of getting matchups and creating all different formations and creating extra gaps. Heís also the quarterback coach and itís very obvious on film how improved their quarterback is. Heís much more accurate, he looks more comfortable and because of that, BC is more than just defending the run now."
    Quote Originally Posted by tagsfan View Post
    He was not a fan favorite when he was OC under Beamer at VT. Best of luck to him.
    Uhhhh, this is the guy who ran the offense that got Gene Chizik fired at Auburn. And yes, the offense was awful at VT. And I don't watch the BC offense and start looking for head coaches. Good luck.

NEW MODERAT0R
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    It's been 11 years.

GT fans ready for a change.

Excited for them to have a coaching search, especially since I'm here in Atlanta.

Agree that there are a myriad of reasons why they should be able to hire a very good coach.
    It's been 11 years and Tech went to two Orange Bowls during Johnson's tenure. It's doubtful their next coach will do that well, but it was time for Johnson to move on.

This would be a great opportunity for Tech to find a guy who would be the polar opposite of Johnson, someone who would spread the field out and sling it all over the place. They's run roughshod over ACC defenses with the level of talent they should be able to get at Tech and offensive recruits wouldn't hang up when they get a call from the head coach.

NEW MODERAT0R
    It's amazing how ineffective Wake's recruiting is in Charlotte.

Robert O'Kelley
    Lotta SEC bag men here these days.

Realize it's FCS, but JMU has a playoff game this Saturday. Pretty crappy for Houston to make the move this week. That said, agree that it was a good hire. He has deep NC roots. Sure he will try to take advantage.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Less crappy than making the move next week if they win. Itís 3 weeks until the early signing period.

Brohm staying put.

SUCK

IT

LOUI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    Brohm staying put.

SUCK

IT

LOUI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satterfield from App is their next target. I hope they strike out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by 91deac View Post
    Troy State coach Neil Brown is from Kentucky, so hopefully they go to him first. He is also a very good coach.
    beer and titties

Quote Originally Posted by 91deac View Post
    As mentioned above, Satterfield is a key target for GT too. I think he's more likely to go there vs UL

Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    As mentioned above, Satterfield is a key target for GT too. I think he's more likely to go there vs UL
    As much as it pains me to say this, he would be perfect for Tech. They could be scary together.
    beer and titties

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...cL&ocid=LENDHP

Louisville appears to be taking Brohm's decision well.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...cL&ocid=LENDHP

Louisville appears to be taking Brohm's decision well.
    They're crazy.

Are App fans assuming Satterfield will be gone this offseason? I've talked to a couple that think he really wants to stay until his kids graduate high school. Is that wishful thinking or not? It'd be awesome if UL got turned down by Satterfield too.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I could see him staying if he doesnít get offered the Tech job. He can be selective and just keep making the top 25 at App.

I greatly admire UNC for being such an environmentally friendly university.
    They're a leader in recycling former coaches.

NEW MODERAT0R