Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconDash View Post
    Satterfield making some stupid decisions. He may be dropping his own stock in this game.
    Explain. I haven’t been following

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Explain. I haven’t been following
    I would guess he was meaning coaching decisions in their game today. Don't think even a loss there would have impacted interest in Satt. He is going to listen to Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmed86 View Post
    I would guess he was meaning coaching decisions in their game today. Don't think even a loss there would have impacted interest in Satt. He is going to listen to Louisville.
    I did. It was a crazy 4th and 3 on his end of the field and he went fr it with a run up the guy and got stopped. It led to a short field and 7 points for the opponent. The bottom line is they won so it really doesn’t matter now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconDash View Post
    I did. It was a crazy 4th and 3 on his end of the field and he went fr it with a run up the guy and got stopped. It led to a short field and 7 points for the opponent. The bottom line is they won so it really doesn’t matter now.
    It should have said a run up the gut.

It was a stretch run, and led to 3 points. But other than that it was a terrible decision. He must have been thinking he needed some momentum since UL was rolling and the offense hadn't been doing much. Still should have punted.

Mike Houston to ECU.

Expanding Mod Powers
    After beating Northwestern this year ? No way !

Quote Originally Posted by Nicademus5286 View Post
    Surprising with the money problems at Akron.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Mike Houston to ECU.
    After he finishes 4-8 his first season, the entire ecu fanbase will be calling for his job just like they did with Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by edendeac View Post
    After he finishes 4-8 his first season, the entire ecu fanbase will be calling for his job just like they did with Mo.
    ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike...ican_football)

Never Murdered My FIL

2018 College Football Coaching Carousel

Montgomery was terrible. They should have never gotten rid of Ruffin.
    Last edited by Deacfreak07; 12-03-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Good update. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Montgomery was terrible. They should have never gotten rid of Ruffin.
    Ruffin is currently the defensive coordinator of a defense who’s ranked around 115th in the country. ECU was only relevant during his time there because of Lincoln Riley.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Ruffin is currently the defensive coordinator of a defense who’s ranked around 115th in the country. ECU was only relevant during his time there because of Lincoln Riley.
    Was he the DC or HC? Why didn’t Montgomery hire a better OC like Ruff did? Seems like an important part of the job. That AD screwed the pooch running off a successful alum HC, and got shitcanned for it.

Why the heck does a team like Oklahoma not have a decent defense? I mean Oklahoma football is a national brand, they can go out and be in the mix with about any recruit in the country and they can't field a decent defense? You've got to think they must put low priority on defensive recruiting for that to be the case.
    boorish ruffian

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Why the heck does a team like Oklahoma not have a decent defense? I mean Oklahoma football is a national brand, they can go out and be in the mix with about any recruit in the country and they can't field a decent defense? You've got to think they must put low priority on defensive recruiting for that to be the case.
    Seems to be working. They are one of the four best teams in CFB after all.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Seems to be working. They are one of the four best teams in CFB after all.
    This. They won a Big XII conference that has a lot of good offenses. Hard to care much about defensive rankings when you're one of the four best teams in college football.